7/7 Games

SoxAce

18 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

How we ranking the OFers now? Robert, Walker, Rutherford, Gonzalez? Bush and the incoming guys in the next tier?

I've got Robert, Basabe, Rutherford then Walker at this point (Walker might surpass Rutherford if he does well in AA). Adolfo is made of glass. 

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

HR for walker. I know there were rumors about him moving to AA. I'm excited about him, but he didn't exactly torch A+

Did Walker not have a high average in A+?  Serious question not being a smart ass.

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:
  1. Robert
  2. Walker
  3. Basabe
  4. Adolfo
  5. Rutherford
  6. Gonzalez
  7. Bush
  8. Mieses
  9. Weaver
  10. Beard

Rutherford has been on an absolute tear for like 7 weeks now so I'd say he adjusted and I'd put him near the second spot - basebe had a lost year because of the injury but he'll be back and fine next year and I think he'll be solid.

Edit: he has a .782 OPS in his last month and his OPS is about 825 vs righties in that stretch. In that ballpark that's pretty good.  He had an .871 ops in June 

Basebe is even further proof, in addition to madrigal, that wrist and hand injuries destroy your power even after healing for up to 16 months. 1 HR this year.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I like your ranking, but I’d switch your 3/4 combo with your 5/6 combo. 

To me, Basabe has demonstrated the most at AA.  Yes, it was in 2018 but at least he can blame his lack of power this year on his hand injury.  Adolfo at least has an elite carrying tool and showed improved patience at the plate (SSS admittedly).  

Blake just hasn’t done much for me this year.  His K & BB rates remain poor even during this recent hot stretch.  I’m not suggesting he’s a lost cause, but I’d take Basabe & Micker over him and day of the week.  And I’ve always had Gonzalez below Basabe & Adolfo and nothing he’s done this year changes that for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Rutherford has been on an absolute tear for like 7 weeks now so I'd say he adjusted and I'd put him near the second spot - basebe had a lost year because of the injury but he'll be back and fine next year and I think he'll be solid.

Edit: he has a .782 OPS in his last month and his OPS is about 825 vs righties in that stretch. In that ballpark that's pretty good.  He had an .871 ops in June 

Basebe is even further proof, in addition to madrigal, that wrist and hand injuries destroy your power even after healing for up to 16 months. 1 HR this year.

Rutherford has been on a BABIP regression fueled tear.  His BB rate, K rate, & ISO are nearly identical before and during the hot stretch.  I need to see something other than a bunch of singles grouped together to think he’s actually taken a step forward.

28 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Exactly why he is still #2 for me after Robert. 

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Exactly why he is still #2 for me after Robert. 

Yeah, I'm not worried at all. In his lost year he needs to work on approach and strike zone command. 

He'll be fine next year and still will only be 23 so its not like he's old. Sucks it happened as it delays development a year but hopefully he learns some things this year.

11 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I really don't know what to make of Yermin. If Palka keeps being shit, might as well see what he can do with the stick in the bigs.

The biggest reason I didn’t care to follow him was Sox showed so little confidence in him. But now that he’s in AAA it’s the last real year they can try out these guys.

31 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

To me, Basabe has demonstrated the most at AA.  Yes, it was in 2018 but at least he can blame his lack of power this year on his hand injury.  Adolfo at least has an elite carrying tool and showed improved patience at the plate (SSS admittedly).  

Blake just hasn’t done much for me this year.  His K & BB rates remain poor even during this recent hot stretch.  I’m not suggesting he’s a lost cause, but I’d take Basabe & Micker over him and day of the week.  And I’ve always had Gonzalez below Basabe & Adolfo and nothing he’s done this year changes that for me.

Adolfo and Basebe would still be 2-3 for me. 

Adolfo with a HUGE asterisk as I require his arm to still be a 70-80 grade arm because if he's 70 raw and 70/80 arm he has two elite tools. At one point his velocity from right field was second to no one.

Injuries are a lot of "luck" as much as anything. He could never get hurt again for all we know.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, bmags said:

The biggest reason I didn’t care to follow him was Sox showed so little confidence in him. But now that he’s in AAA it’s the last real year they can try out these guys.

Arent we about due for a guy coming out of nowhere and being an impact guy? 

Everyone gets em and it's been a while for us. Maybe he made an adjustment - all his numbers support his outcomes. He's old but not that old. Plenty of guys in the past two decades have figured it out at 25 and 26.

Odds are he sucks but theres a chance he's a legit talent with the bat and catchability.

• Thanks 1