7/7 Games

SoxAce

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Someone cue the @OneDog847 signal, because we got another first round bust on our hands!  Clearly we should have taken the high schooler Abrams because he’s been HoT fIrE so far!

Jesus man. I wasn't of big fan of Abrams but I got no qualms with taking high upside prep talent with your first round pick.

Give me a dude like Kiriloff, Whitley, Kieboom, or Lux over a dude like Collins all day every day. 

2 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Jesus man. I wasn't of big fan of Abrams but I got no qualms with taking high upside prep talent with your first round pick.

Give me a dude like Kiriloff, Whitley, Kieboom, or Lux over a dude like Collins all day every day. 

We literally just drafted nine prep players and signed eight of them.  This includes our 2nd, 3rd, & 4th round picks.  Your complaint of not being willing to take high upside prep talent is outdated.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We literally just drafted nine prep players and signed eight of them.  This includes our 2nd, 3rd, & 4th round picks.  Your complaint of not being willing to take high upside prep talent is outdated.

I'm aware of that. That is a step in the right direction but under Nicky Hostetler the Sox have been very pro college guys. One year is a small sample size. 

3 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

I'm aware of that. That is a step in the right direction but under Nicky Hostetler the Sox have been very pro college guys. One year is a small sample size. 

Hostetler & Hahn have made it painfully clear on multiple occasions that the broader strategy at the start of the rebuild was to add more sure-fire prospects via the draft and that meant going college heavy.  Right or wrong, that’s a direction that comes from above Hostetler.  And going more high school focused isn’t a one year thing, as we also added four preps the year before, which was the most in a long ass time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hostetler & Hahn have made it painfully clear on multiple occasions that the broader strategy at the start of the rebuild was to add more sure-fire prospects via the draft and that meant going college heavy.  Right or wrong, that’s a direction that comes from above Hostetler.  And going more high school focused isn’t a one year thing, as we also added four preps the year before, which was the most in a long ass time.

Well I'm here to say not taking more prep talent in the top ten rounds over the last few years was the wrong decision. Adding four prep guys in 2018 (only 1 in top ten) who have done diddly squat so far does not equate to a prep heavy draft. 

5 hours ago, DirtySox said:

I'm not buying him being able to catch one bit. The hit and power tools might play though. If there is a year to find out, it's this one.

But why aren't you buying it that he will be able to be a catcher at the MLB level? No one has giving a solid answer to why hes a bad catcher. 

13 hours ago, DirtySox said:

I'm not buying him being able to catch one bit. The hit and power tools might play though. If there is a year to find out, it's this one.

If he is able to catch in a pinch in case of injury or whatever that itself is valuable enough for me.

Plus, I root for people like Yermin to make it to the show. He played in the minors for 8 years, made numerous trips to winter ball and had to go to independent ball, so him making it would be awesome.

Edited by GermanSoxFan