Palka optioned

soxfan49

Well, I liked him and wished that they had given him more of a chance. 

But I understand the Sox doing this. Realistically, how much more of a chance can you give him. Unlike you all, I would like to see him get thru this year at Charlotte, and come to spring training and try to win a spot. 

My memory of last year isn't as short as everybody else's on this board. 

Collins is like 1 for 20. How soon until everybody wants him gone forever. A very, very unforgiving fanbase on this board sometimes. 

• Haha 1

Just now, harkness99 said:

Ehh… funny to me that everyone hates palka but love Collins.

Collins hasn't had many ABs at all but from a DH standpoint, Palka has shown way way more with what we have seen so far.

But honestly I don't think either is part of the future plans

Collins is a 1st round pick with actual prospect pedigree?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

Collins is a 1st round pick with actual prospect pedigree?

Not even sure what that means...

Especially in the MLB draft - pedigree means shit unless you are a horse.

I could be wrong.. Collins doesn't have many at bats.

But as I said I have a feeling neither going to be a big part of the future.

Edited by harkness99

9 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Not even sure what that means...

Especially in the MLB draft - pedigree means shit unless you are a horse.

I could be wrong.. Collins doesn't have many at bats.

But as I said I have a feeling neither going to be a big part of the future.

Uh collins is 3 years younger and catches and this is his first ever taste of the majors. Palka is the worst defensive player in MLB baseball and cant hit and has had like 600 mlb at bats. Weird that you cant seperate the two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

33 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Well, I liked him and wished that they had given him more of a chance. 

But I understand the Sox doing this. Realistically, how much more of a chance can you give him. Unlike you all, I would like to see him get thru this year at Charlotte, and come to spring training and try to win a spot. 

My memory of last year isn't as short as everybody else's on this board. 

Collins is like 1 for 20. How soon until everybody wants him gone forever. A very, very unforgiving fanbase on this board sometimes. 

He wasn't even that great last year. 

He is sporting a -1.1 fWAR and -41 wRC! Think about that.  He's done that poorly in so few at bats. He is so bad. I know you can't look at some things without rose colored glasses, but he's been that awful 

25 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Uh collins is 3 years younger and catches and this is his first ever taste of the majors. Palka is the worst defensive player in MLB baseball and cant hit and has had like 600 mlb at bats. Weird that you cant seperate the two.

I said "as a DH"... you must have missed that part.

Collins been DHing  a lot.

Edited by harkness99

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I have been a Mercedes doubter for a while, but his addition would allow for Collins to DH more frequently without fear of having no backup catcher on the bench.  Plus Mercedes could fill quite a bit a DH when Collins is catching or on the bench.  Doubt it’s happening though.

Agreed. My thoughts are that Collins should spend the year working with McCann on calling a game, framing and how to study. Let him catch sometimes but have him DH a ton to get the MLB at bats and try and get his timing - he has always had a hitch in his swing which people worry about but it just means his timing means even more. 

Let mercedes catch on the non-McCann days and stop dh'ing McCann. Let the guy get his rest from being a legit primary - catching is really demanding, give him some rest and he should catch 75% of game ROY.

Palka had the highest avg exit velocity on the team last year...

Ranked #22 in all of MLB

so not sure about the "can't hit part"\

Listen I'm not even saying the guy is good.. it's just funny how he got so cold this year and it's like the guy didn't hit 27 hrs last year.

Edited by harkness99