And that’s a white Sox cubbie Crushin winner!

bmags

Nova can't seem to pitch well or beat anybody else but the Cubs and Cleveland...but on this day you give him his props as he was very solid.

As Joe Garagiola once said, "Baseball is a funny game..." Giolito's an All-Star and the Cubs hammer him twice...Nova is anything but an All-Star and he beats them twice.

Sox by the way scored three runs in every single game against the Cubs.

Just an unexpected nice win today to shut up the Cubs and their clownish fan-base.

The sour taste from two poor Giolito outings vs the Cubs is still there. Would be nice to be at an even .500

All in all, though. You have to be pretty happy with the way things are flushing out. Very positive send off into the break, indeed. Hopefully Yoan, Eloy and Abreu can stay hot coming out of the break while Cease builds on a solid first outing. 

Ugh... a week with no real baseball. 

• Haha 1

Great win. A split is fine considering the Cubs are at the top and we are in the tailend of the rebuild/tank. Nova ... thank you for a great start. We would have lost without you.

Moncada. Eloy are thrilling. Jose is a reliable veteran stud. Good relief work as well. I'll take the split. Great game today. The Cubs were sizzling after kicking our butt Saturday. Took a nice bounceback to win Sunday.

BTW, Collins either needs to play every day or send him back down. This is ridiculous seeing him suck.

13 hours ago, Richie said:

The sour taste from two poor Giolito outings vs the Cubs is still there. Would be nice to be at an even .500

All in all, though. You have to be pretty happy with the way things are flushing out. Very positive send off into the break, indeed. Hopefully Yoan, Eloy and Abreu can stay hot coming out of the break while Cease builds on a solid first outing. 

Ugh... a week with no real baseball. 

I agree with with your last comment. It's going to be a boring four days without White Sox baseball. Sorry, but watching the three in the all-star game is not the same. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

I took another positive from this series.  It is often mentioned that Schwarber has made himself into a very adequate outfielder.  In my opinion... Eloy looks much better defensively.

I don't watch much Cubs baseball, but in the games I have seen Schwarber looks pretty bad out there.  Eloy, to me, looks more like he gets bad reads and doesn't move quickly enough to get to fly balls.  Schwarber hustles after getting bad reads and then dives/falls short of fly balls.  So, I think Schwarber may look worse, but neither are very good.  Hopefully Eloy can improve a bit and actually be serviceable out there.

3 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

I agree with with your last comment. It's going to be a boring four days without White Sox baseball. Sorry, but watching the three in the all-star game is not the same. 

Break out your tapes and DVD's of games from past good seasons.

53 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Actually under normal circumstances it isn't. However for the Sox in this phase of the rebuild with very little starting pitching it is.

I should have said for the White Sox.  The Sox at this pace would get 84 wins. Check the predictions pre-season and see how many people had 84. Now the question is do the Sox get worse by being a seller or better w addition of Cease and probably Robert at some point.  In addition, more games out of Eloy, Moncada and Anderson in 2nd half.  

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Actually under normal circumstances it isn't. However for the Sox in this phase of the rebuild with very little starting pitching it is.

Why the hell do you have to even say this, like we don't know?   Good lord man, everything is just a negative slant.   The first time in YEARS that it seems like we can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and every chance you get it's like "Well AKSHUALLY". 

FFS

9 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I should have said for the White Sox.  The Sox at this pace would get 84 wins. Check the predictions pre-season and see how many people had 84. Now the question is do the Sox get worse by being a seller or better w addition of Cease and probably Robert at some point.  In addition, more games out of Eloy, Moncada and Anderson in 2nd half.  

Actually they wouldn't get 84, they've already played 86 games. The halfway mark is 81, so you'd need to see how many wins they had at the 81 game mark, multiply it times two and that would be the pace they were on. I think it came out to 78 if I remember right. Still good though in this case.

Edited by Lip Man 1

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Why the hell do you have to even say this, like we don't know?   Good lord man, everything is just a negative slant.   The first time in YEARS that it seems like we can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and every chance you get it's like "Well AKSHUALLY". 

FFS

Because some folks actually don't get it. See the post saying the Sox were on pace for 84 wins. And if you looked six words to the right of my post, you'd see I said for the Sox in this case it was.

Lighten up Francis.

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Actually they wouldn't get 84, they've already played 86 games. The halfway mark is 81, so you'd need to see how many wins they had at the 81 game mark, multiply it times two and that would be the pace they were on. I think it came out to 78 if I remember right.

Agree but also the schedule home/away and strength will impact it it as well. 

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

Because some folks actually don't get it. See the post saying the Sox were on pace for 84 wins. And if you looked six words to the right of my post, you'd see I said for the Sox in this case it was.

Lighten up Francis.

You are telling me to lighten up when you are telling someone else that actually this wasn't a good half

so glad we have you hear to correct all of positive thoughts about the season!  Thanks Lip!

• Like 1

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

You are telling me to lighten up when you are telling someone else that actually this wasn't a good half

so glad we have you hear to correct all of positive thoughts about the season!  Thanks Lip!

Reading is a lost art I see. 

It WASN'T A GOOD HALF for any team under normal circumstances. Having a losing record going into the All-Star break is never a good thing. However, again, I said for the Sox in this part of the rebuild with little starting pitching it was. It's not that hard to understand.

I guess my point is that for far to long Sox fans have put up with mediocrity and with losing, that's been part of the problem. They accepted it. So just because the Sox have shown improvement, let's not get comfortable with it, let's not be satisfied...there's still work to do, there's still miles to go as the poet wrote.

A very good start in year three of the rebuild to this point.

So sorry I offended your sense of propriety.