Should they call Nick Madrigal up?

JuliusO1274

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

They'll have plenty of guys that can hit homers.  All Madrigal has to do is hit and hit and hit and hit.  And play defense, and steal bases.  

That wasn't meant to be a shot, I am genuinely curious.

2 hours ago, mqr said:

It'll be interesting to see if even Madrigal can put balls out of that park with some regularity. 

His splits at AA on the road are:  .403/.471/.516, .988 OPS, .113 ISO. In 16 road games at AA he has 16 runs & 10 RBI.

His splits at AA at home are: .340/.400/.380, .780 OPS, .040 ISO. In 13 home games at AA he has 8 runs & 2 RBI.

His ISO at A+ this year was .101.

My guess is he will do fine in Charlotte. Probably hit like .320/.385/.440, .825 OPS, and with his defense and base running ability that is more than fine.

I think Madrigal should finish this year in Charlotte. If he does well at Charlotte & in Spring Training and he is the best option the Sox have at 2B next year, which he most likely will be, then I think he should be our Opening Day 2B, along with Robert in CF, who should come up this August.

Edited by Sox Fan In Husker Land