7/11 Games

soxfan49

44 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Some veteran scouts think Roberts going to be better than Eloy, I read this spring. Sox baseball going to be so fun coming up next few years.

Robert has a lot more swing and miss than Jimenez.  That will equal it out some.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Robert has a lot more swing and miss than Jimenez.  That will equal it out some.

Yes, offensively I don't know how rough the k'ing will make his first years, but certainly in the field and basepaths he will have eloy. After watching robles in that very entertaining series vs the nats I definitely started to yearn for robert to start taking over in center. I dont know he'll be as good as Robles but he's definitely as fast and we'll see him track down some balls.

Just now, bmags said:

Yes, offensively I don't know how rough the k'ing will make his first years, but certainly in the field and basepaths he will have eloy. After watching robles in that very entertaining series vs the nats I definitely started to yearn for robert to start taking over in center. I dont know he'll be as good as Robles but he's definitely as fast and we'll see him track down some balls.

No doubt.

32 minutes ago, bmags said:

mendick is always a funny follow because he's so streaky and its always when he starts to bottom out that he then will go on a tear that puts him in his comfort range of between .235 and .280

Assuming Yolmer is gone, he’s good enough to start at 2B for a few weeks to give us another full year of control over Madrigal.  If he’s decent, he can just drop to middle infield backup once they call up Madrigal.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

43 minutes ago, bmags said:

250/300/500 while making plays in CF, hopefully.  Then he can go from there.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 hour ago, Soxfest said:

Some veteran scouts think Roberts going to be better than Eloy, I read this spring. Sox baseball going to be so fun coming up next few years.

There was a legit not looney scout that (he was wrong obviously) called robert the best baseball player alive two years ago. 

His hands are so short and quick. I read somewhere cite a long swing? I must be watching something else. Big follow throw, short to the ball. He is a fastball destroyer.

AAA is a waste if time for Luis Robert - I've said that a lot. He doesnt need to learn to hit 4A breaking stuff, he needs to see big league breaking stuff and then he'll adjust there. 

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Robert's slugging will be closer to 600 than 500 I think.

If he puts up a 900 OPS as a rook...the dude is going to be a top ten player in baseball in his prime without a doubt. 2021 has potential to be a no pants season...because I won't be able to afford ripping through so many...

Edited by EloyJenkins

2 hours ago, The Sir said:

Seriously, how long do we keep in Charlotte just so the logistics of getting him there aren't wasted? I know I was in the slow roll boat, but I didn't expect him to destroy Birmingham like this, so yeah I was wrong, and I'm honestly just sick of getting to 40% of our lineup and thinking it's a great time to do chores or read a book. Get him up here, have Madrigal and Vaughn soon behind him. Make Baseball Interesting Again!

Nice to see that Robert has turned you. That may come off as a snipe or something but I mean it. Now if only Moncada can as well :) 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

mendick is always a funny follow because he's so streaky and its always when he starts to bottom out that he then will go on a tear that puts him in his comfort range of between .235 and .280

The way you started this post.

28 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Nice to see that Robert has turned you. That may come off as a snipe or something but I mean it. Now if only Moncada can as well :) 

He might have, already. I see everything in patterns. So when Moncada started hot, I figured it’d follow last year’s trajectory. Hot start, big slump, sight boost late, mediocre overall. I was being sincere when I said I didn’t think he’d OPS .800. But he’s only gotten better since I said that. Maybe I should ditch my obsession with seeing patterns in everything.

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think both Robert and Moncada are capable of 40-40 if Ricky would let them fucking run. Moncada stole 40 bases at every fucking level in the minors but he can't run in the Majors? WTF, Ricky? 

Robert is actually faster than Moncada, so being the first player to go 50-50 isn't out of the question for him. 

If Moncada was born in the States he'd be an OLB in the NFL instead. Both guys are athletic freaks.

Moncada has insane raw power, but his game power is a notch below Robert and Eloy. Robert and Eloy have the capability to hit 50+ HR, Moncada will probably top out in the 35-45 range in his prime. 

Add in Vaughn and Anderson...Madrigal as the cherry on top.  

randy-marsh-computer-south-park.png

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There was a legit not looney scout that (he was wrong obviously) called robert the best baseball player alive two years ago. 

His hands are so short and quick. I read somewhere cite a long swing? I must be watching something else. Big follow throw, short to the ball. He is a fastball destroyer.

AAA is a waste if time for Luis Robert - I've said that a lot. He doesnt need to learn to hit 4A breaking stuff, he needs to see big league breaking stuff and then he'll adjust there. 

There’s a reason they promoted Robert and not Madrigal IMO and it’s because they plan on calling up Luis in a few weeks if he absolutely mashes in AAA.