Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
vilehoopster

I am jonesing for a White Sox game

Recommended Posts

This that expression even used anymore?  Am I showing my age using that term?  

Is anybody on here old enough to remember "Basketball Jones" from Cheech and Chong?  That goes back even longer that Steve Dahl and Disco Demolition. 

Anyway, onto the topic. I am really missing the Sox playing. Can Moncada stay hot?  What is Cease gonna do in his next start? I wanna see McCann catch and Abreu bat. See everybody. How soon until Tim returns. Four days is a long time in the summer without the White Sox; I can't be the only guy looking forward to it starting up again. 

Plus, I'm old, as you can tell my my references above, and the game tomorrow night is past my bedtime; maybe I can catch the first couple innings. So it will be five days for me until I can watch a game. 

But really, I won't be able to get a fix (see how I stay in that jonesing metaphor) until Saturday. But I'm really, really ready for it to start up again. It's exciting to be a White Sox fan right now. 

Bring up Luis and Nicky and things will get even greater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vilehoopster said:

Is anybody on here old enough to remember "Basketball Jones" from Cheech and Chong?  That goes back even longer that Steve Dahl and Disco Demolition. 

At least they're not playing the East Westchester North Stars, champions of the Southern Conference ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like forever since they signed AJ Reed.  Let's see him play.

Watching that Home Run derby just made me miss Eloy and Yoan.

I hope the boys rested up and come out on fire.  I love/hate the late games on the West Coast.

So yeah I've got a Baseball Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, need a White Sox game and real baseball in general. I don't like the All-Star break. HOU/TEX plays tonight, but that's not exactly filling the void. 

AND we have to wait until late tomorrow night with a west coast game. 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wegner said:

It seems like forever since they signed AJ Reed.  Let's see him play.

The city of Chicago has "AJ REED FEVER!"

It's all you hear about anymore when you step outside or turn on local TV/Radio!

The excitement is palpable and the anticipation is unbearable!

 

 

Edited by Richie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Richie said:

The city of Chicago has "AJ REED FEVER!"

It's all you hear about anymore when you step outside or turn on local TV/Radio!

The excitement is palpable and the anticipation is unbearable!

 

 

I will be very disappointed if Chuck Garfien does not make the pregame all about "Reed" day like we had with Kopech, Cease etc.  :cool:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just imagine a Reed-Collins duo anchoring our Murderer's Row. Throw in Julian Palka and watch out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vilehoopster said:

This that expression even used anymore?  Am I showing my age using that term?  

Is anybody on here old enough to remember "Basketball Jones" from Cheech and Chong?  That goes back even longer that Steve Dahl and Disco Demolition. 

Anyway, onto the topic. I am really missing the Sox playing. Can Moncada stay hot?  What is Cease gonna do in his next start? I wanna see McCann catch and Abreu bat. See everybody. How soon until Tim returns. Four days is a long time in the summer without the White Sox; I can't be the only guy looking forward to it starting up again. 

Plus, I'm old, as you can tell my my references above, and the game tomorrow night is past my bedtime; maybe I can catch the first couple innings. So it will be five days for me until I can watch a game. 

But really, I won't be able to get a fix (see how I stay in that jonesing metaphor) until Saturday. But I'm really, really ready for it to start up again. It's exciting to be a White Sox fan right now. 

Bring up Luis and Nicky and things will get even greater. 

I feel the same way, and just because of it, they're going to lose like 12-0 tomorrow just to crush our spirits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, skooch said:

At least they're not playing the East Westchester North Stars, champions of the Southern Conference ...

Coach, let's talk about your record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I feel the same way, and just because of it, they're going to lose like 12-0 tomorrow just to crush our spirits

Considering it is in Oakland, a more likely scenario to crush us is The Sox have a 12-0 lead and lose 13-12 on a walkoff bloop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pcq said:

Just imagine a Reed-Collins duo anchoring our Murderer's Row. Throw in Julian Palka and watch out.

There are beer league teams in the Chicagoland area with better hit tools maybe we can fill out the other spots with open tryouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wegner said:

Considering it is in Oakland, a more likely scenario to crush us is The Sox have a 12-0 lead and lose 13-12 on a walkoff bloop.

After we've gone to bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

It's been probably 5-6 years since I've yearned for a Sox game but here I am

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wegner said:

Considering it is in Oakland, a more likely scenario to crush us is The Sox have a 12-0 lead and lose 13-12 on a walkoff bloop.

LMFAO. Zito, Hudson and Mulder aren't there to terrorize the Sox anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

It's been probably 5-6 years since I've yearned for a Sox game but here I am

Don't disrespect April and May of 2016 like that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dealer's about to hook y'all up. 

Given our historical struggles against the As, we may wish we stayed in rehab soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×