Rockies sign Yonder Alonso

Heads22

4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I think there's some positive regression to be had here as well as hitting at Coors.  I wish him luck, but don't regret him being gone.

He’ll be out of baseball as soon as next year.

It’s the easiest position to play and he wasn’t much of a hitter and had minimal power to begin with.  Far too much competition as well.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

38 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Easiest $9 million someone has ever made.

Notice, I didn’t say earn.  😂

Look at some of the CEOs who get 10s of millions bonuses while the companies lose money. I think they are in the same category and they dont have people live and on chat boards calling them names.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Look at some of the CEOs who get 10s of millions bonuses while the companies lose money. I think they are in the same category and they dont have people live and on chat boards calling them names.

I don't know about you but I'm a regular poster on Exxontalk and Costco Interactive.  You think Rick Renteria is a bad manager...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

At least yonder Alonso didn’t cost some middle class dude his job lol

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

You tell that to Palka.

I'm 99.99% certain that since he's on a ML deal, Palka is set to make $567,000 this year, even being in the minors. And he gets the MLB pension.

This is less of a "Daniel Palka isn't really a middle class dude" post and more of a the MLBPA is the most powerful union in the country post. It's amazing what they can pull off for people like Daniel freaking Palka.

5 hours ago, Quin said:

I'm 99.99% certain that since he's on a ML deal, Palka is set to make $567,000 this year, even being in the minors. And he gets the MLB pension.

This is less of a "Daniel Palka isn't really a middle class dude" post and more of a the MLBPA is the most powerful union in the country post. It's amazing what they can pull off for people like Daniel freaking Palka.

I’m pretty sure guys on the 40 man roster have both major league and minor league deals, at least until they hit arbitration.

9 hours ago, ptatc said:

Sure they do.  Go look at GlassDoor.

9 hours ago, ptatc said:

I agree with your sentiment.

But that's because wealthy executives are people that no one knows or watch on tv.

Edited by harkness99

6 hours ago, Quin said:

Well... mlb avg is 4.4 million or something like that - league min is 300k

Palka making 567k is a result of him hiting 27 homeruns last year (not his 1-45 this year)

That's like 12% of an AVERAGE salary, the door to the basement.

3 hours ago, harkness99 said:

Well... mlb avg is 4.4 million or something like that - league min is 300k

Palka making 567k is a result of him hiting 27 homeruns last year (not his 1-45 this year)

That's like 12% of an AVERAGE salary, the door to the basement.

League minimum this year is $555,000.  Last year it was $545,000.  Palka got a slight bump for those 27 HR's. 

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm assuming the Sox are now off the hook for the rest of his salary?

If we're talking about Alonso (not Palka), the Rockies need to pay Alonso only the pro-rated portion of the league minimum.  The Sox still are on the hook for the remainder of the $9 million (less what the Rockies pay).

43 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

If we're talking about Alonso (not Palka), the Rockies need to pay Alonso only the pro-rated portion of the league minimum.  The Sox still are on the hook for the remainder of the $9 million (less what the Rockies pay).

Thank you. Turns out to be another expensive mistake.