Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heads22

Rockies sign Yonder Alonso

Recommended Posts

I think there's some positive regression to be had here as well as hitting at Coors.  I wish him luck, but don't regret him being gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I think there's some positive regression to be had here as well as hitting at Coors.  I wish him luck, but don't regret him being gone.

He’ll be out of baseball as soon as next year.

It’s the easiest position to play and he wasn’t much of a hitter and had minimal power to begin with.  Far too much competition as well.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Easiest $9 million someone has ever made.

Notice, I didn’t say earn.  😂

Look at some of the CEOs who get 10s of millions bonuses while the companies lose money. I think they are in the same category and they dont have people live and on chat boards calling them names.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Look at some of the CEOs who get 10s of millions bonuses while the companies lose money. I think they are in the same category and they dont have people live and on chat boards calling them names.

I don't know about you but I'm a regular poster on Exxontalk and Costco Interactive.  You think Rick Renteria is a bad manager...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bobby Bonilla is getting paid 1.19 million for the next 2356432 years to sit on his ass. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Look at some of the CEOs who get 10s of millions bonuses while the companies lose money. I think they are in the same category and they dont have people live and on chat boards calling them names.

At least yonder Alonso didn’t cost some middle class dude his job lol

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

You tell that to Palka.

I'm 99.99% certain that since he's on a ML deal, Palka is set to make $567,000 this year, even being in the minors. And he gets the MLB pension.

This is less of a "Daniel Palka isn't really a middle class dude" post and more of a the MLBPA is the most powerful union in the country post. It's amazing what they can pull off for people like Daniel freaking Palka.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Quin said:

I'm 99.99% certain that since he's on a ML deal, Palka is set to make $567,000 this year, even being in the minors. And he gets the MLB pension.

This is less of a "Daniel Palka isn't really a middle class dude" post and more of a the MLBPA is the most powerful union in the country post. It's amazing what they can pull off for people like Daniel freaking Palka.

I’m pretty sure guys on the 40 man roster have both major league and minor league deals, at least until they hit arbitration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ptatc said:

Look at some of the CEOs who get 10s of millions bonuses while the companies lose money. I think they are in the same category and they dont have people live and on chat boards calling them names.

Sure they do.  Go look at GlassDoor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ptatc said:

Look at some of the CEOs who get 10s of millions bonuses while the companies lose money. I think they are in the same category and they dont have people live and on chat boards calling them names.

I agree with your sentiment.

But that's because wealthy executives are people that no one knows or watch on tv.

Edited by harkness99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Quin said:

I'm 99.99% certain that since he's on a ML deal, Palka is set to make $567,000 this year, even being in the minors. And he gets the MLB pension.

This is less of a "Daniel Palka isn't really a middle class dude" post and more of a the MLBPA is the most powerful union in the country post. It's amazing what they can pull off for people like Daniel freaking Palka.

Well... mlb avg is 4.4 million or something like that - league min is 300k

Palka making 567k is a result of him hiting 27 homeruns last year (not his 1-45 this year)

 

That's like 12% of an AVERAGE salary, the door to the basement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, harkness99 said:

Well... mlb avg is 4.4 million or something like that - league min is 300k

Palka making 567k is a result of him hiting 27 homeruns last year (not his 1-45 this year)

 

That's like 12% of an AVERAGE salary, the door to the basement.

League minimum this year is $555,000.  Last year it was $545,000.  Palka got a slight bump for those 27 HR's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm assuming the Sox are now off the hook for the rest of his salary?

If we're talking about Alonso (not Palka), the Rockies need to pay Alonso only the pro-rated portion of the league minimum.  The Sox still are on the hook for the remainder of the $9 million (less what the Rockies pay).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

If we're talking about Alonso (not Palka), the Rockies need to pay Alonso only the pro-rated portion of the league minimum.  The Sox still are on the hook for the remainder of the $9 million (less what the Rockies pay).

Thank you. Turns out to be another expensive mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×