Luis Robert kills it in his first game in AAA

knightni

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

What a quick aggressive swinging motion. He's a natural. Again ... how can you not win with Robert, Moncada, Eloy and also Timmy, Abreu, McCann. That's six good hitters out of nine. 

I definitely wouldn’t want any more good players, can’t be too star studded right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

What a quick aggressive swinging motion. He's a natural. Again ... how can you not win with Robert, Moncada, Eloy and also Timmy, Abreu, McCann. That's six good hitters out of nine. 

Madrigal will be a very effective hitter and keep the line moving type of guy.  Other than this oversite...I like your post.

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Madrigal and Vaughan to follow. That'll be a tough lineup

I am as excited, as anyone. The future does indeed look bright. However, calm down guys. It was one game. I think Collins hit a couple homers in his first game of the season, didn't he? And now there are those who are ready to give up on him. Let's just see if Robert can continue to excel. As far as going for the Post Season this year is concerned, that would seem to be complete folly. The pitching staff has been completely decimated with injuries. After Giolito and Cease, there isn't anyone who belongs on a contending team. We all know that, even if nights like tonight might help us to forget it. Next year is the year to really be stoked. It is fun to think about a team built around these exciting young players and a starting rotation of Giolito, Kopech, Cease and whomever JR agrees to spend money on, in free agency. I can't wait.

Edited by Lillian
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I am as excited, as anyone. The future does indeed look bright. However, calm down guys. It was one game. I think Collins hit a couple homers in his first game of the season, didn't he? And now there are those who are ready to give up on him. Let's just see if Robert can continue to excel. As far as going for the Post Season this year is concerned, that would seem to be complete folly. The pitching staff has been completely decimated with injuries. After Giolito and Cease, there isn't anyone who belongs on a contending team. We all know that, even if nights like tonight might help us to forget it. Next year is the year to really be stoked. It is fun to think about a team built around these exciting young players and a starting rotation of Giolito, Kopech, Cease and whomever JR agrees to spend money on, in free agency. I can't wait.

Calm down??? Lmao, dude has been hitting like .370 across three levels, everyone can freak the fuck out because that is awesome.  This isn't one game 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, gusguyman said:

Rick Hahn a month from now probably: "He's got a checklist. We feel his home run trot is a bit slow still. Sometimes he uses too much water in the home team showers. He knows what he has to work on. "

"He's very very very very very very close....very close". 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Calm down??? Lmao, dude has been hitting like .370 across three levels, everyone can freak the fuck out because that is awesome.  This isn't one game 

Yes, he does look like he may end up being the best of all of the talented young core, which this team has assembled. I've watched Robert hit a lot, on MILB TV games, and he is still chasing the low and away, breaking balls. Once he learns to lay off those pitches, as Eloy seems to be learning to do, he should indeed be a Super Star. As I said, I'm excited, but just trying to temper some of the "over the top" optimism. Will he become a 30/30 guy, a 40/40 guy, or a 50/50 guy? That is the question for me. If it's the former that's a good outcome. If it's the latter, that is absolutely fantastic. That would be Mike Trout, HOF, best player in Sox History, kind of good. It will be fun to see, either way.

Edited by Lillian
  • Thanks 1

Starting 2021-

2B Madrigal

3B Moncada

CF Robert

1B Vaughn

LF Eloy

DH Abreu

SS Anderson

C McCann

RF Best of Walker/Adolfo/Gonzalez/Basabe/Rutherford

That's a great lineup. And honestly, I think we should resign Abreu and McCann. Abreu might be declining but that's OK- he won't have to be our centerpiece anymore (we could forego this step if Collins turns into an MLB hitter). McCann might regress with the bat, but he's so good defensively and one of the smartest players on the field, so keep him.