Luis Robert kills it in his first game in AAA

knightni

1 hour ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

If they can't sign him, they won't call him up.  Simple as that.  They'd be crazy not to manipulate service time on a player who might turn out to be a superstar.

Zzzzz

White Sox fans excusing their ownership for being cheap when it comes to service time manipulation but ripping them for being cheap with free agency is especially hypocritical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I said IF we trade those 3 players, three of our best players, with no intent to pursue winning. Winning is the purpose of playing the game. If you don't try to win you are impacting the integrity of the game in many ways: I mean cmon, a couple games under .500 and trading your best 2 bullpen pieces and arguably your best hitter? LOL.

The owner only believes in coincidental championships (aka 2005) - those that come without risking his profit margins - that's why we rarely make it to the post season.

The Sox will have decent teams coming but unless well-heeled sportsmen are on the way, I don't how long we'll get to enjoy it.

I doubt seriously Kenny-Hahn's skillset will suddenly rival the Astros front office.

Now if I bought the team, I'm looking into that Astros front-office to bestow Pat Riley powers onto.

Edited by GradMc

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Zzzzz

White Sox fans excusing their ownership for being cheap when it comes to service time manipulation but ripping them for being cheap with free agency is especially hypocritical.

I have never "ripped" JR for being cheap in free agency.  @Moan4Yoan can vouch for me.  

And it's not about the money, it's about having the player an extra year. 

6 minutes ago, GradMc said:

The owner only believes in coincidental championships (aka 2005) - those that come without risking his profit margins - that's why we rarely make it to the post season.

The Sox will have decent teams coming but unless well-heeled sportsmen are on the way, I don't how long we'll get to enjoy it.

I doubt seriously Kenny-Hahn's skillset will suddenly rival the Astros front office.

Now if I bought the team, I'm looking into that Astros front-office to bestow Pat Riley powers onto.

Go find another team and spare us more of this horseshit.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Because you’ve proven over the last decade with your 30,000+ posts you have no grasp on how the sport actually works. 

If we all agreed with each other all the time...there would be nothing to discuss on this forum.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

That's why I think the commissioner should step in if we trade Bummer, Colome and/or Abreu. At one point does the league penalize you for blatant tanking. I mean in the old days we'd still be considered in the race. Now we're a seller possibly.

Mods - For the love of god do something about this insanity.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Greg's village idiot act may be the best (and definitely most persistent) troll job I've ever seen. Bravo greg

Maybe I consider your takes on Jose ridiculous but I'm polite enough to not call you on it aggressively.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Mods - For the love of god do something about this insanity.

Don't worry. I'll stop defending my position on this now. If it angers you that badly I'm done with it. It's not worth getting banned. Sorry if my opinions are so different from yours.

42 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

I have never "ripped" JR for being cheap in free agency.  @Moan4Yoan can vouch for me.  

And it's not about the money, it's about having the player an extra year. 

No, you don’t.  That would be me who is extremely pessimistic about free agent spending, at least spending on top tier free agents.

But while I want them to spend on some top quality free agents, I am also logical when it comes to service time and this team’s chances of a Wild Card.  Spend in the offseason and call up Robert and Madrigal on April 18th or whatever the date is to retain a full extra year of control on both of them.

7 games back in the Wild Card with many teams to compete with for it is not very good chances.  Stay the course.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Take a stand against tanking. There's no reason a team just a few under .500 would trade arguably 3 of its best players with no intent to help this year's team. I would hope he had the power to strip us of a few draft picks next year, maybe our second round, fourth round, sixth round picks. I wouldn't even be upset if he took our first round pick. This would be blatant disregard for winning and teams that face us would have a decided advantage. Anybody with me?

I have never seen such blatant trolling in my entire life.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I have never seen such blatant trolling in my entire life.

If Greg had his way all these past few years of losing, the Sox would never be in the position to be good very soon.  But Greg is apparently too clueless to realize this.

He also doesn’t seem to understand the concept of getting some value back for players with short-term and expiring contracts.

Who else would we have traded away like Tatis Jr. in futile attempts at getting to 80 wins if Greg was in charge?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Don't worry. I'll stop defending my position on this now. If it angers you that badly I'm done with it. It's not worth getting banned. Sorry if my opinions are so different from yours.

You are actually suggesting you’d like to see your favorite team punished for making baseball moves that aren’t short-termed focused.  People have differing options than me all the time, but never in my life have I seen a more bizarre position and one that’s almost unfathomable to be legitimate.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You are actually suggesting you’d like to see your favorite team punished for making baseball moves that aren’t short-termed focused.  People have differing options than me all the time, but never in my life have I seen a more bizarre position and one that’s almost unfathomable to be legitimate.

It has to be trolling.  The Sox have rebuilt and are on the verge of being a contender by trading away their best players and by losing and getting high draft picks.  For anyone to not understand this or be able to acknowledge this is either in the single digits IQ or is trolling.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

If Greg had his way all these past few years of losing, the Sox would never be in the position to be good very soon.  But Greg is apparently too clueless to realize this.

He also doesn’t seem to understand the concept of getting some value back for players with short-term and expiring contracts.

Who else would we have traded away like Tatis Jr. in futile attempts at getting to 80 wins if Greg was in charge?

I’m not a big Hahn fan by any means, but blowing up a shit product has put us in a pretty good spot.  We are so close to finally realizing “sustained success” and if that requires moving a few guys under short-term control than so be it.  The team is 100% planning on competing in 2020 and anyone traded will be replaced one way or the other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It has to be trolling.  The Sox have rebuilt and are on the verge of being a contender by trading away their best players and by losing and getting high draft picks.  For anyone to not understand this or be able to acknowledge this is either in the single digits IQ or is trolling.

Exactly.  I just don’t get it man.

There is no such thing as a troll with over 34,000 posts.  It's hard to stay that involved in your favorite team much less one you are just goofing around with.  Secondly, I think Greg has plenty of company as the type of fan who wants to try and win every game in every year no matter how unlikely.  Rebuilds are really hard to sit through.  Lastly, none of us like it when our favorite player or players are traded.  We like our guys no matter what.  They may be bums but they are our bums.

Like most of you I thought the rebuild was necessary and past do.  I hated to trade Sale and Q...and to a lessor degree Eaton.  Trading the established good guys is how you get multiple young good guys in return.  We are now at the final stages and we are all anxious to get to the winning stage.  These final trades or acquisitions are going to be interesting as we will get a glance into Hahn's thinking.  

I encourage you to get off Greg's back.  He's a White Sox fan...I'm a White Sox fan...you all are  White Sox fans.  There aren't that many of us so we need to stick together.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1