Luis Robert kills it in his first game in AAA

knightni

Just now, poppysox said:

There is no such thing as a troll with over 34,000 posts.  It's hard to stay that involved in your favorite team much less one you are just goofing around with.  Secondly, I think Greg has plenty of company as the type of fan who wants to try and win every game in every year no matter how unlikely.  Rebuilds are really hard to sit through.  Lastly, none of us like it when our favorite player or players are traded.  We like our guys no matter what.  They may be bums but they are our bums.

Like most of you I thought the rebuild was necessary and past do.  I hated to trade Sale and Q...and to a lessor degree Eaton.  Trading the established good guys is how you get multiple young good guys in return.  We are now at the final stages and we are all anxious to get to the winning stage.  These final trades or acquisitions are going to be interesting as we will get a glance into Hahn's thinking.  

I encourage you to get off Greg's back.  He's a White Sox fan...I'm a White Sox fan...you all are  White Sox fans.  There aren't that many of us so we need to stick together.

Thanks. I sent him a personal message apologizing. He's seemingly a very good guy like u and everybody else. GO SOX!

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It has to be trolling.  The Sox have rebuilt and are on the verge of being a contender by trading away their best players and by losing and getting high draft picks.  For anyone to not understand this or be able to acknowledge this is either in the single digits IQ or is trolling.

I've said before I never said I was intellectually sound. Trust me I am passionate about the Sox even if my intelligence could be questioned. Here's a trivia question that shows some Sox knowledge. What brother of a baseball Hall of Famer once played for the Sox?

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's as fast as buxton which is insane for a guy his size. 

He certainly is, and that speed has translated into a lot of stolen bases this season.  I just wonder, though, if the stolen base aspect of his game will continue at the Major League level, or whether that will taper off similar to how it has with Moncada.  

1 minute ago, Fan O'Faust said:

He certainly is, and that speed has translated into a lot of stolen bases this season.  I just wonder, though, if the stolen base aspect of his game will continue at the Major League level, or whether that will taper off similar to how it has with Moncada.  

If he ever hurts his thumb again I hope it does

21 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Jesus dude, just STFU for once.  You are almost as bad as FootlongComiskeyDog with your relentless negativity.

chill out internet tough guy. 

21 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wow, you really don’t get it do you.  I’d love to say more, but fear a suspension if I were to get any more candid.

21 hours ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

You can afford to pay all these guys in a situation like this.

But yeah, I agree with @Chicago White Sox.  GTFO

Not all the prospects are going to pan out or hit their ceilings. JR is going to have to spend some big $$ in FA or this rebuild is never going to work. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fan O'Faust said:

I hear you.  Still, the notion of three guys in the lineup (Robert, Moncada, & Anderson) each with 25+ homers and 25+ stolen bases is rather captivating!  

And those are conservative numbers.

4 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

chill out internet tough guy. 

Not all the prospects are going to pan out or hit their ceilings. JR is going to have to spend some big $$ in FA or this rebuild is never going to work. 

And we will.  No doubt about it.  First you need cost controlled assets (developed prospects) so you know you're not wasting money on free agents.

Draftees are the foundation.  Free agents fill the holes

4 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

And we will.  No doubt about it.  First you need cost controlled assets (developed prospects) so you know you're not wasting money on free agents.

Draftees are the foundation.  Free agents fill the holes

After the embarrassing debacle last offseason by Reinsdorf and his FO, coupled with Reinsdorf’s well-understood spending habits over his 39 years in charge, there is PLENTY OF DOUBT as to whether the organization will spend “big time FA $$” to augment the “cost controlled assets” on this roster.

The well-earned fear by many thoughtful posters here is that they’ll once again take a pass on competing for the elite talent available on the open market and instead try and get cute again by surrounding the young core with the next wave of available second and third tier type talents like the Melky Cabrera’s, Adam LaRoche’s, Jimmy Rollins’, Austin Jackson’s, Ivan Nova’s, and Jon Jay’s of the world.  

Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen all over again. 

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:26 PM, GradMc said:

Now if I bought the team, I'm looking into that Astros front-office to bestow Pat Riley powers onto.

Now, if I was Brad Pitt, I'd get so much ass. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

I'm sorry, I'm too triggered by the fact that the PBP guy said it was Alcides Escobar to enjoy this

Leave it to SoxTalk to parlay a simple thread about Luis Robert's early AAA success into an Alcides Escobar name drop. 

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Unfortunately this is the correct take given the recent history of the White Sox front office. To me, the 2019 season has been a net positive with the core pieces of the rebuild really taking nice steps forward in development. With that said, the offseason was a failure and given the FA talent acquisitions over the last decade by this group, there is very little evidence to support big spending in the near future. 

On the other hand, given the “win now” mentality shown over time and the Front Office finally adjusting and rebuilding in 2017, maybe they have turned over a new leaf. Aside from the 2005-2006 offseason, this may be the biggest offseason in franchise history. They HAVE to hit on a few targets. Not a choice. 

I don't know if it will be the most important in franchise history but it certainly can be the most meaningful since 1981 when they signed Fisk and Luzinski, Roland Hemond picked up other smaller players (in name only) who made solid contributions and turned the fortunes of the franchise around. We'll see once and for all what this front office is capable of (or not capable of) this winter. I agree with you they can no longer sign bust after bust like Keppinger, Dunn, LaRoche, Alonso etc...

Deliberately tanking has really hurt attendance in a number of markets, especially the smaller/mid-sized ones.  There’s no argument about that.

As Greg knows, the Royals got four and one half years of excitement out of what amounts to30 years of tanking...and are close to back to being in the same position they were in 15 years ago.  Maybe that’s part of the fear, and the prism from which he sees the Sox...and it’s a perfectly legitimate one due to our front offices’ paltry record with free agent signings.

A White Sox team that we have to hope will up the payrolls back to the $150-160 million range simply has no other way to compete with Boston, NYY, Houston and now Minnesota.  And no team can successfully BUILD simply through free agency.  There has to be that young, cost-controlled core OR unlimited financial resources.

That said, if Colome is traded for another Tilson/Cordell type...instead of at least Avi Garcia/Top 75ish milb potential...and the bullpen continues to be erratic at best in 2020, Greg will be at least partially right.

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Deliberately tanking has really hurt attendance in a number of markets, especially the smaller/mid-sized ones.  There’s no argument about that.

As Greg knows, the Royals got four and one half years of excitement out of what amounts to30 years of tanking...and are close to back to being in the same position they were in 15 years ago.  Maybe that’s part of the fear, and the prism from which he sees the Sox...and it’s a perfectly legitimate one due to our front offices’ paltry record with free agent signings.

A White Sox team that we have to hope will up the payrolls back to the $150-160 million range simply has no other way to compete with Boston, NYY, Houston and now Minnesota.  And no team can successfully BUILD simply through free agency.  There has to be that young, cost-controlled core OR unlimited financial resources.

That said, if Colome is traded for another Tilson/Cordell type...instead of at least Avi Garcia/Top 75ish milb potential...and the bullpen continues to be erratic at best in 2020, Greg will be at least partially right.

I refuse to believe the FO will be anything less than aggressive this off season.  The time is now.