What do you do at the TDL?   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Course of action?

• Sell
    • Hold
    • Only sell if you get value

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

McCann is a very interesting trade idea. You would need a Kings ransom for him

Teams are looking at the same things we are and I'm not sure that they can get more than a Cordell or Medeiros type for any of the pieces they have to sell. That isn't worth it to me. 

Nobody is giving a Kings ransom for any of these guys. 

I don't even think McCann would fetch a T100 prospect. Teams will look at his babip and balk. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Leury, Abreu, Colome- Sell

Nova, Herrera, Wellington, Yolmer- Someone please take

McCann- Sell if it's a fleece show

This should be our last chance to get some more prospect depth aside from a decent draft spot next year.  Unfortunately we don't have many valuable tradeable assets outside of Colome.

40 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I assume it means sell only if you get an unfair amount of value.

No it means if you're not getting a T100 guy and a player with legit MLB upside in a package for them you hold. I personally don't think that kind of deal would be offered for anything the Sox have to sell, so that would be a hold. 

1 hour ago, BackDoorBreach said:

This should be our last chance to get some more prospect depth aside from a decent draft spot next year.  Unfortunately we don't have many valuable tradeable assets outside of Colome.

Man, you are selling three good baseball players, definitely 3 of our better players. What a slap in the face to our fans. I mean I know we are tanking but it's bullcrap to trade those three guys. Even Leury has been worth the price of a ticket this season; he's been exciting.

LOL on your second line. Nobody's taking any of those guys. If we released them probably only 2 of the four would get picked up. McCann ... he's having a great year, why trade him? It's not like he's Johnny Bench. He's a fine player but nobody's gonna give you much more than a 10th round draft pick type player.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Man, you are selling three good baseball players, definitely 3 of our better players. What a slap in the face to our fans. I mean I know we are tanking but it's bullcrap to trade those three guys. Even Leury has been worth the price of a ticket this season; he's been exciting.

LOL on your second line. Nobody's taking any of those guys. If we released them probably only 2 of the four would get picked up. McCann ... he's having a great year, why trade him? It's not like he's Johnny Bench. He's a fine player but nobody's gonna give you much more than a 10th round draft pick type player.

10th rounders make the MLB only about 17% of the time. 8% play in the MLB for over 3 years. Why do you think so lowly of Mr. McCann? He's been awesome and is worth exponentially more than that 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

1.  Because Hahn might be able to get a package together that will get a decent prospect return, like he has been doing pretty efficiently.

2. Not that I think we would get anything more than a couple flyer guys, teams need pitching and bench depth going into playoff runs.

3. I would trade McCann if the prospect hall was something stupid like we got with Eaton.  Other than that I would prefer to keep him, but still listen on offers.

These are my prices that would get me to consider trading players:

Colome: a guy in the 100-75 range in the T100 OR a guy with helium that will be on the 2020 T100

Abreu:  I'd think about it for a T75 guy but probably would need a T50 to pull the trigger. 

McCann: I'm listening but it has to be something stupid like the Eaton deal. 

5 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I really don’t see the benefit of giving up Leury unless overwhelmed.  He’d be an ideal fill-in if we need to keep Robert or Madrigal down for a few weeks to start the 2020 season and then can be the 10th man who plays most positions.  There is a ton of value in a player like that which goes beyond their statistics.

4 hours ago, ron883 said:

10th rounders make the MLB only about 17% of the time. 8% play in the MLB for over 3 years. Why do you think so lowly of Mr. McCann? He's been awesome and is worth exponentially more than that 

Because has no sense of value whatsoever.  He actually believes we’d get a “10th round draft pick” prospect (whatever the fuck that is) for McCann but Jose would somehow command a package of three good prospects.  Greg thinks with his dick and not his brain.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

These are my prices that would get me to consider trading players:

Colome: a guy in the 100-75 range in the T100 OR a guy with helium that will be on the 2020 T100

Abreu:  I'd think about it for a T75 guy but probably would need a T50 to pull the trigger. 

McCann: I'm listening but it has to be something stupid like the Eaton deal. 

If you can get a FV 50 prospect for Colome you move him.  Doesn’t have to a T100 guy necessarily. 

Abreu is tough because keeping him around happy gives us a better chance of extending Moncada one day.  I’m not totally against moving him for the right price, but I honestly think they want him around and will pass on any offers.

McCann would require a blue chip prospect to move because of what it would do to our catching depth.  And that’s not happening.

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If you can get a FV 50 prospect for Colome you move him.  Doesn’t have to a T100 guy necessarily. 

Abreu is tough because keeping him around happy gives us a better chance of extending Moncada one day.  I’m not totally against moving him for the right price, but I honestly think they want him around and will pass on any offers.

McCann would require a blue chip prospect to move because of what it would do to our catching depth.  And that’s not happening.

McCann should be basically off the table.  We need a quality catcher and he is one.  I understand that you can trade anyone but that doesn't me you should.

48 minutes ago, poppysox said:

McCann should be basically off the table.  We need a quality catcher and he is one.  I understand that you can trade anyone but that doesn't me you should.

Everyone has a price.  The Astros don’t really need him, but if they offered Kyle Tucker then MCann would be as good as gone tomorrow and I’d make Grandal an offer he couldn’t refuse in the offseason.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I agree.  You need to have some luck in a rebuild and the Sox got very lucky on a move that most everyone here thought was a meh move.  As stated earlier, just being part of Giolito's development is enough to keep McCann around.

We don't really have anything to sell...

I would like to keep McCann.. but I see his situation totally different than anyone else.

He never has hit the ball like this before... if anyone would be a person to trade it would be him - get something good out this phantom season he is having.

Most of our value is in young players.. so I can't see us selling much of anyone.

What I would do at this deadline.

I would like to trade Abreu, but I just don't think they will.  
I would resign him to 2 years/25 million with an option anyway.

I would also keep Leury because I think he can be a real good utility player on the next contending team.

I would not trade McCann.  Seems like he has finally found his game and is in sync with the pitching staff.  Would love to see him work more with Kopech and Cease.

This is what I would do at the deadline:

Trade Jay for a low level minor leaguer with some upside.

Trade Colome and Bummer to the Dodgers for Joc, May, Gray, and Kendall, and Estevez 

12 hours ago, ron883 said:

McCann is a very interesting trade idea. You would need a Kings ransom for him

I do not see how the Sox could even consider trading McCann at this point, who else do we have in the organization to catch? 

14 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

What I would do at this deadline.

I would like to trade Abreu, but I just don't think they will.  
I would resign him to 2 years/25 million with an option anyway.

I would also keep Leury because I think he can be a real good utility player on the next contending team.

I would not trade McCann.  Seems like he has finally found his game and is in sync with the pitching staff.  Would love to see him work more with Kopech and Cease.

This is what I would do at the deadline:

Trade Jay for a low level minor leaguer with some upside.

Trade Colome and Bummer to the Dodgers for Joc, May, Gray, and Kendall, and Estevez 

No chance the Dodgers would do that deal