Just now, The Sir said:

What the fuck are we doing with Collins? He's been up for almost a month and played in eight games. Are you fucking shitting me? Fiers isn't even a lefty! They're gonna fuck this up, and Ricky the Asshole will be directly responsible. Along with batting Jon Jay before Eloy. Fucking idiotic.

It's simple, they don't want to play both catchers at the same time.  

Yes! Let's play the 26 year old failed prospect who hit .224 in AAA rather than our first round pick from three years ago! This is fucking brilliant! I can't understand why we haven't gone to the playoffs in a decade!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Yes! Let's play the 26 year old failed prospect who hit .224 in AAA rather than our first round pick from three years ago! This is fucking brilliant! I can't understand why we haven't gone to the playoffs in a decade!

Well that's ironic criticizing someone for a low batting average in AAA and then asking for Collins.  Meanwhile, great catch by Eloy

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

It's simple, they don't want to play both catchers at the same time.  

If something happens to McCann, move Collins there from DH. And if he gets hurt, just let Timmy catch!

In all seriousness, he should be in the lineup every day. I don't know about him catching long term, but his bat could be special if we let it develop. Of course, we're going to not develop him as a catcher nor as a hitter.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Well that's ironic criticizing someone for a low batting average in AAA and then asking for Collins.  Meanwhile, great catch by Eloy

Collins has potential. Reed doesn't. He also walks more, and BA aside, his numbers at the plate in AAA were significantly better than Reed's. I don't know why this is controversial.