15 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Nova is trash.  But some posters think he was worth $9 million cuz of a split with the Cubs.

The worst of the worst — the true meatball Sox fans.  Embarrassing.

Well, Nova came into today with a 3.93 ERA since his Toronto start in mid-May. Since a bad start, he really has been what you'd ask for out of back-end rotational starter. His ERA has dropped two runs during that time. 

Edited by Richie

Nova is a dumpster fire.  Imagine how many of Hahn’s distant relatives and friends must be trying to shake him down for money knowing he gives millions to rejects like Alonso, Nova, Jay, and Santana.

That’s literally 4 guys who should have been cut before even halfway through the season, not that they were, but should have been.  That’s got to be an offseason record.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Says what old school stat or advanced metric?

Is ERA an old school stat? I think it's still pretty damn relevant.

Coming into today, he has a 3.93 ERA since his horrible Toronto start in mid-May. That's 2 months of being what you'd want out of a back-end rotational starter. He's been quite reliable since his bad start to the season. It's just odd to be b*tching about him now, when he's been decent for 2 months. He was a dumpster fire before that, sure. 

Edited by Richie

8 minutes ago, Richie said:

Is ERA an old school stat? I think it's still pretty damn relevant.

Coming into today, he has a 3.93 ERA since his horrible Toronto start in mid-May. That's 2 months of being what you'd want out of a back-end rotational starter. He's been quite reliable since his bad start to the season. It's just odd to be b*tching about him now, when he's been decent for 2 months. He was a dumpster fire before that, sure. 

I prefer to look at the larger sample size...  which blows.

5 minutes ago, strike27 said:

lol this field is fucking huge. I thought McCann hit that in the gap and it was right at Semien

Seems like everything is 5 feet further. Moncada looked like he was throwing that ball from LF to 1B on that groundball out last inning. 

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I prefer to look at the larger sample size...  which blows.

Me too... 1.5 month period that ended in mid-May of being bad. 2 months of being solid that is ongoing. 

3 years in Pittsburgh with a sub 4 ERA. 

Thanks man, now that I look at the larger sample size, I feel even better about the Nova signing. Who says you ain't optimistic, bud?