36 minutes ago, fathom said:

Reed looked dangerous tonight. Having Jay and Yolmer lacking any power at all is way more frustrating.

moncada and mccann were on fiers and oakland pitching but that was about it.  too many easy outs.  yolmer has taken a real step back this year and cordell is nothing special just a decent 4th OF.  Need TA back asap.   To their credit oakland played great defense (including positioning) otherwise the Sox probably have a run or two before the 9th.

it's pathetic the org has nobody better than Nova ot eat these innings.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

Just keep mashing YoYo, him and Gio have made this season a resounding success already. Get La Pantera's feet wet in MLB ASAP and hit the ground running in 2020 with a shiny new pitching staff.

Edited by TheTruth05

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

Semien and Phegley, Bassitt and Ravelo for Jeff Samardzija and Ynoa. I'd say A's win that trade.

I still remember saying right after the trade that Hahn held out for Ynoa, and that he would not have made the trade without him.

4 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

Just keep mashing YoYo, him and Gio have made this season a resounding success already. Get La Pantera's feet wet in MLB ASAP and hit the ground running in 2020 with a shiny new pitching staff.

McCann has helped with making this season a resounding success.

33 minutes ago, poppysox said:

McCann has helped with making this season a resounding success.

That is true, I understand he will regress eventually but just his defensive game and overall work with our young pitchers has been a real shot in the arm. Hope he can keep his offensive profile at about average and he's the starter for the foreseable future.

Edited by TheTruth05

29 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

That is true, I understand he will regress eventually but just his defensive game and overall work with our young pitchers has been a real shot in the arm. Hope he can keep his offensive profile at about average and he's the starter for the foreseable future.

My question : why is he working so well with Giolito but not Lopez? 

Or does Lopez just suck? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

No catcher can turn water into wine.

Yup, Lopez has his own issues that nobody but himself will be able to fix (that's more a shot at our coaching staff/pro development).

Edited by TheTruth05

57 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

My question : why is he working so well with Giolito but not Lopez? 

Or does Lopez just suck? 

A little early to know.  Sometimes I think option #2 is obvious...sometimes he shows flashes.  He will get the rest of the year to show us if he has a starters future.

12 hours ago, greg775 said:

Shark and Ynoa were not good although Shark had a few decent starts. He was not solid IMO.

Remember when Hahn said he wouldn't have made the deal if the A's wouldn't give him Ynoa? LOL. 😂