Luis Robert

Panerista

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

Totally agree except I say burn the year of control, treat him like a human being, and talk again in a few years maybe.  I want my pancakes now damnit

Yah, I'd love to watch Robert right now as as well.  But this team sucks, and I am happy to be patient and wait until ~ 4/20/2020 when this team should be significantly better positioned to win baseball games.  Good things come to those that wait.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol what?  

What I mean is, yeah someone like Eloy looks like crap, but it's not like there's a massive gap between the difficulty in playing AAA LF and MLB LF like there is with hitting. 

Realism or not, Luis may force the Sox hands to come up this year.... regardless of extra year of control or not.. He's legit putting up better numbers than Eloy did (well, on pace for it).  Could be a ploy in August when the Sox are deemed "officially" out of it (already are) to sell some tickets.  Never know.

Edited by Soxnfins

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yah, I'd love to watch Robert right now as as well.  But this team sucks, and I am happy to be patient and wait until ~ 4/20/2020 when this team should be significantly better positioned to win baseball games.  Good things come to those that wait.  

If you want to win next year then you should want him up this year. Why do so many forget that players need to also develop in the majors? It took Moncada a year and a half and Eloy is still learning how to hit major league pitching.

1 hour ago, mqr said:

What I mean is, yeah someone like Eloy looks like crap, but it's not like there's a massive gap between the difficulty in playing AAA LF and MLB LF like there is with hitting. 

I always like the saying that defense & speed never slump.

19 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

If you want to win next year then you should want him up this year. Why do so many forget that players need to also develop in the majors? It took Moncada a year and a half and Eloy is still learning how to hit major league pitching.

I don't think 200 at bats this August and 2 weeks of at bats next April is going to make any meaningful difference in Robert's 2020 season.  And certainly not enough for me to punt control of his 2026 season, when he could very well be one of the best players in baseball.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't think 200 at bats this August and 2 weeks of at bats next April is going to make any meaningful difference in Robert's 2020 season.  And certainly not enough for me to punt control of his 2026 season, when he could very well be one of the best players in baseball.  

Find an extension compromise and everybody wins.

1 hour ago, gusguyman said:

SSS but just for the fuck of it, here are Robert's numbers projected to 162 games:

433/486/1067. 300 hits, 46 2B, 23 3B, 115 HR (LOL), 69 SB, 23 BB, 93 SO, and a cool 254 RBI.

He's had a hell of a week. Ever seen a 60/60 player? 

Canseco talked about 50/50...

Mays and Mantle (prior to the knee injury)

Soriano, A-Rod and Bonds the others to actually do it.

Trout, if he was interested in stealing bases at all...certainly has the ability.

2 hours ago, gusguyman said:

SSS but just for the fuck of it, here are Robert's numbers projected to 162 games:

433/486/1067. 300 hits, 46 2B, 23 3B, 115 HR (LOL), 69 SB, 23 BB, 93 SO, and a cool 254 RBI.

He's had a hell of a week. Ever seen a 60/60 player? 

Ha, 60/60 is nice but 110/60 is certainly more impressive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Guess who's here in 2020? 

Moncada 

Kopech 

Giolito 

Anderson 

Guess who probably won't be here in 2026? 

Moncada 

Kopech 

Giolito 

Anderson 

Call up Robert on 8/1. 

Maybe yes and maybe no  but worth considering.

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Guess who's here in 2020? 

Moncada 

Kopech 

Giolito 

Anderson 

Guess who probably won't be here in 2026? 

Moncada 

Kopech 

Giolito 

Anderson 

Call up Robert on 8/1. 

I'm not sure this is accurate. 2 of those will probably be here if they play well. 

14 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Just for one day next year, they could field a lineup with Robert, Anderson, Moncada, Madrigal, Tilson, and Engel. Other 3 guys don't even matter. Just to say it was the fastest single starting lineup an MLB team ever put out. 

My favorite part is none of them are the fastest player in the system.