Luis Robert

Panerista

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

You have to think it is more coincidental but at the same time when those guys were available to draft, they probably said "this kids bloodline should not be overlooked"

Don't they have two or three more offspring in the pipe too? The still have Kacy Clemens right?

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

They also have Jeff Conine's son in rookie ball. It's actually not a bad strategy if you are in a position where the choice is son of ex MLB player or someone else, Tatis jr. for example. SUre some flop, that's always the case, but if they are considered a top talent  then why not ?

I know the Hostetler mention this when they drafted Sheets.

He's lowered his K rate to 18% and is making spectacular play after play while rocking an OPS close to 1100 and has done this for about a month in AAA now.  He turns 22 in a few weeks it's too bad he won't be called up this fall.   The Sox are going to sell a few spring training tickets next year for folks just wanting to get a glimpse of him before the season.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

It's disgusting imo the Sox aren't calling this kid up this year so they can screw him out of a year of FA. Glaring example of everything that's wrong with corporate America today. I find it sad and disheartening so many are fine with this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roofshot said:

It's disgusting imo the Sox aren't calling this kid up this year so they can screw him out of a year of FA. Glaring example of everything that's wrong with corporate America today. I find it sad and disheartening so many are fine with this. 

I'm good with it because its was mutually agreed upon in the contract between players and owners. If they change it i'll be fine with that too.

18 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm good with it because its was mutually agreed upon in the contract between players and owners. If they change it i'll be fine with that too.

It was not agreed upon. It is against the rules to exploit service time it's just nearly impossible to prove unless someone flat out says it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

This is my view as well.  Baseball agrees to the rules...we play by them.  Not much to argue about IMO.

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It was not agreed upon. It is against the rules to exploit service time it's just nearly impossible to prove unless someone flat out says it.

And that was the players unions fault for not realizing that so if they agreed to such a thing without realizing that it's on their union.

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And that was the players unions fault for not realizing that so if they agreed to such a thing without realizing that it's on their union.

But you said it's not written into the rules and it actually is. 

If your argument for keeping him down is to exploit service time then you're argument is against the CBA and the rules of the game.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

Loopholes, just like the tax code.  Always there to be exploited by owners/management...if Robert wasn’t already sitting on plenty of money already and wanted to fight the front office, it would be pretty much impossible to justify from a baseball perspective why he shouldn’t be starting in CF in Chicago. 

Not enough time in AAA, pitchers haven’t had an opportunity to adjust to him...he hasn’t proven he can battle through a slump, quality (not command/control) of stuff in AAA is lower than AA, etc.

Had he not played in DSL, maybe he would be up by now. Instead he went up against lesser competition to get more money due to the tax break. You got you money Luis, now you adhere by Jerry's rules. You'll stay down and you'll like it. 

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Had he not played in DSL, maybe he would be up by now. Instead he went up against lesser competition to get more money due to the tax break. You got you money Luis, now you adhere by Jerry's rules. You'll stay down and you'll like it. 

Lol, it had nothing to do with Jerry's money.  It was for tax reasons.  Jerry was paying the same regardless.

He is in AAA because it's far more valuable to have him for an additional year in the midst of a contention window than on a 65-70 win team.  But you already know that.  

If Luis Robert wanted to play in the majors so badly he should have had the players association negotiate a better deal in November of 2016 several months before he signed with the White Sox. That's just bad business on his part.

Edited by TomPickle
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, it had nothing to do with Jerry's money.  It was for tax reasons.  Jerry was paying the same regardless.

He is in AAA because it's far more valuable to have him for an additional year in the midst of a contention window than on a 65-70 win team.  But you already know that.  

Wonder if we will hear complaints from his camp like Eloy's last year. Maybe by helping him out with the tax break, it's kind of agreed upon under the table that this would happen?

Edited by soxfan2014

4 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Wonder if we will hear complaints from his camp like Eloy's last year. Maybe by helping him out with the tax break, it's kind of agreed upon under the table that this would happen?

I am sure we will, but then two weeks will pass by, and all will be well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomPickle said:

If Luis Robert wanted to play in the majors so badly he should have had the players association negotiate a better deal in November of 2016 several months before he signed with the White Sox. That's just bad business on his part.

He wasn't even in the US at that time...and didn't have any standing with the MLBPA to negotiate anything, so I hope you're being sarcastic but it's difficult to tell these days.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

He wasn't even in the US at that time...and didn't have any standing with the MLBPA to negotiate anything, so I hope you're being sarcastic but it's difficult to tell these days.

If you are unsure about that, I am pretty sure you have trouble picking up obvious sarcasm or jokes.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

If you are unsure about that, I am pretty sure you have trouble picking up obvious sarcasm or jokes.

No, no, around here anything is possible these days...it could be a 13-15 year old kid for all we know, who's idealistic or optimistic about everything concerning the sport he loves.    

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

15 year old kids don‘t post on message boards. Posting on a message board is the ultimate sign that you are old. :lol:

Yeah, I'm glad to stay away from the "dark web" (too many seasons of Mr. Robot), 4Chan, 8Chan, reddit, can't even keep track of it all...I just know that FB and Twitter (other than for politics) are no longer cool and nearly everyone around the world now fashions themselves as an "internet influencer" who "claps back" on haters, breaks the internet, etc.

I swear to God if you open up Yahoo these days, 75% of the stories are about the Kardashians, AOC, Jenners, Warren Buffett, Liz Hurley wearing a bikini at age 53 and Suze Orman fighting with the FIRE crowd of Milennials.