7/13 GT - Sox @ OAK - 3:07 PM CST

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Minaya DFA

Wow, someone will likely claim him.  His WHIP isn’t very good but his strikeouts and ERA aren’t bad.

I would have sooner cut Jay, Rondon, or Nova.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

15 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Wow, someone will likely claim him.  His WHIP isn’t very good but his strikeouts and ERA aren’t bad.

I would have sooner cut Jay, Rondon, or Nova.

Nah, he's awful. His ERA has always been flukey. Last year he had a horrible walk rate. This year it's better but he's allowing far more home runs and hits. He just throws meatballs. Not having to watch him pitch anymore is almost as exciting to me as not having to watch Engel hit anymore 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Nah, he's awful. His ERA has always been flukey. Last year he had a horrible walk rate. This year it's better but he's allowing far more home runs and hits. He just throws meatballs. Not having to watch him pitch anymore is almost as exciting to me as not having to watch Engel hit anymore 

We have guys on the roster with less value tough.  I wouldn’t be surprised Minaya gets claimed.

I know Anderson is out but Rick’s inability or unwillingness to optimize his lineup is indefensible. Why is Reed batting ahead of Eloy? Why is Collins, someone with absolutely zero speed, batting ninth?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

so reed comes in and is ahead of eloy now?  I mean whatever, rick going to rick.

At least he flip-flopped Jay and Jimenez.  Renteria must have read the 3 or 4 comments from last night regarding some people's displeasure that Jay was batting 5th and Jimenez 6th.:) 

24 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Minaya will certainly be claimed. Why is Jose Ruiz still a thing?

Ruiz has killer stuff and not much experience pitching yet. Keeping Juan minaya over him would be a mistake.