7/13 GT - Sox @ OAK - 3:07 PM CST

Just now, harkness99 said:

1. Have to chuckle at some people who have said "go for it" this year... 

2. Ricky is still trash.

I’m by no means a Ricky fan, but I would say Cooper is a much bigger issue right now.  I have no idea how they’re won so many games this year with maybe 10 actual MLB caliber players on the roster.

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

Is it my imagination or have Saturday afternoon games been consistently awful for this team this year?

Not based on statistics, but my gut tells me you're correct here. It seems like scrambling to work out on a Saturday morning, hit confession, and handle my other business all so that I'm home and relaxed by the time the game comes on just to then be looking for something else to do a few minutes later is a recurring motif this year.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Let's not freak out about this. First, I'm 32 and the west coast has been a house of horrors for us since I was a child. Second, none of the really embarrassing players so far today are significant for the long term health of this team. Who cares about winning? We're not getting that second wild card, fellas, but we are going to end the season close to .500. Root for Moncada, Jimenez, Collins, and to a lesser extent, Leury, Abreu and McCann. Forget everyone else.

Are we still gonna see posts like this next year? 

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Covey vs. Bassitt is an interesting matchup as each guy is going against their former organization.  I think Covey is going to come back with a vengeance and dominate the shit out of these A’s.

Wow, this aged incredibly poorly, incredibly fast.