7/13 GT - Sox @ OAK - 3:07 PM CST

4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

See ya tomorrow. Playing in Oakland fucking sucks, remind me never to see the Sox play there

Especially adding in the friggin carnival sounds throughout the ballgame

I just have to laugh about them trying to get Covey to work with a four seamer more. He actually has a below average spin on his four seamer and definitely does not have the speed to make up for it. Plus, if you are trying to throw more four seamers, you are likely to get more fly balls and infield flies, so of course they put in a DH at 1B in a stadium with huge foul ground. On top of all that, they also put in a rookie catcher who probably isn't the best to be calling a game when a pitcher is working on something.

Edited by GenericUserName

11 minutes ago, wegner said:

Is it my imagination or have Saturday afternoon games been consistently awful for this team this year?

I think it's just a bit of recency bias from today and last Saturday. 

We beat Boston on Saturday afternoon the week prior, I do believe.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

This is a stupid idea.  They have nothing at 2B and a load of money to spend.  Why would you want to do this?

Because free agency quality pitching is incredibly expensive and there will be a ton of competition. Instead you use Madrigal and others for controllable pitching and go sign someone like Gennett to play 2nd.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Trade Madrigal for controllable starter

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

This is a stupid idea.  They have nothing at 2B and a load of money to spend.  Why would you want to do this?

Exactly..Jeff Smarjda was a ‘controllable ‘ starter and look what they gave up to guys like him and Frazier. Pisses me off  

8 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

This is a stupid idea.  They have nothing at 2B and a load of money to spend.

It absolutely is..... I'd rather trade Vaughn for a MacKenzie Gore type prospect anyways (if Sheets power is real). ;)

Edited by SoxAce

11 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Are we still gonna see posts like this next year? 

I'm not a super optimist, so this isn't some trend that I'm going to uphold mindlessly. Right now, we're the 2014 Cubs. Or the 2014 Astros. Or the 2017 Braves. Or the 2018 Phillies (IDK, I think they're on the up and up). It might go a little bit differently for us, but at the very least, with Robert and Madrigal up, Cease, Kopech, and Gio in the rotation, and a few free agent signings, we should win 85-90 next year and contend for one of the WCs. Undeniable dominance in 2021. If we don't do that, heads need to roll. Feel free to bookmark this post.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Because free agency quality pitching is incredibly expensive and there will be a ton of competition. Instead you use Madrigal and others for controllable pitching and go sign someone like Gennett to play 2nd.

The idea of trading Madrigal ended when the Sox failed to sign Machado.

Just now, fathom said:

My god, Collins looking Adam Engel at the plate. He is nowhere near ready.

Hostetler would take a mulligan on that pick all day every day. 

Collins is 24. If he ain't ready now then he will likely never be ready. 

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

The idea of trading Madrigal ended when the Sox failed to sign Machado.

I know it’s extremely unlikely, but he’s far and away our best trade chip that you could unload for controllable assets

Just now, fathom said:

I know it’s extremely unlikely, but he’s far and away our best trade chip that you could unload for controllable assets

But he is a controllable asset!

Seriously, counting him and Vaughn as being up next year, this team's salary commitments are so low that free agency should be options 1, 2, and 3 to fill the last remaining holes. I don't know that we've ever seen a team in a position like this where they absolutely have to find something to spend money on.

Just now, SoxAce said:

Hard to get ready when you are in literally once every 5 games. 

True but come on, he looks like he’s never seen a high fastball.  All he’s had is excuses made for him in this organization, but when you actually watch him live, you see why he struggles so much.