7/13 GT - Sox @ OAK - 3:07 PM CST

Just now, Balta1701 said:

But he is a controllable asset!

Seriously, counting him and Vaughn as being up next year, this team's salary commitments are so low that free agency should be options 1, 2, and 3 to fill the last remaining holes. I don't know that we've ever seen a team in a position like this where they absolutely have to find something to spend money on.

Sorry, meant controllable pitching. I also think there’s not a chance in hell they land Cole or MadBum

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

True but come on, he looks like he’s never seen a high fastball.  All he’s had is excuses made for him in this organization, but when you actually watch him live, you see why he struggles so much.

Collins was fifth round talent taken with a top 10 pick. I guess it is a success that he actually made the Show. 

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Seriously, counting him and Vaughn as being up next year, this team's salary commitments are so low that free agency should be options 1, 2, and 3 to fill the last remaining holes. I don't know that we've ever seen a team in a position like this where they absolutely have to find something to spend money on.

Pitching, pitching and more pitching.

36 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Enough is enough with Covey. He is not a major league quality pitcher and never will be. Hopefully today is the last time we will ever see him in a Sox uniform 

He has been pretty solid this year by White Sox pitching standards and I think he should have had the chance to get out of the first inning.

11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Agreed.  And sure, it would be nice to have Cole as an ace in the rotation but there are still other starters that could make this team a contender if Jerry is too risk adverse to signing one of the top starters.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Agreed.  And sure, it would be nice to have Cole as an ace in the rotation but there are still other starters that could make this team a contender if Jerry is too risk adverse to signing one of the top starters.

Not sure about it being even risk adverse, afraid it might become a bidding war situation where at one point it just does not make sense.

No reason to torture yourself.  After the first inning, I fired up the Weber grill and started cracking some New England IPAs.  Now I don’t give a shit about how awful the Sox are playing.  👍

Edited by Moan4Yoan