7/13 GT - Sox @ OAK - 3:07 PM CST

2 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

Collins was fifth round talent taken with a top 10 pick. I guess it is a success that he actually made the Show. 

Name one major publication that didn’t have a first round grade on the kid?  Oh that’s right, there won’t be one and you’re simply full of shit as usual.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Name one major publication that didn’t have a first round grade on the kid?  Oh that’s right, there won’t be one and you’re simply full of shit as usual.

Actually Collins came into the year with a second round grade almost everywhere, but like a lot of college bats, he was a late riser.  By no means did everyone love him.  I think Law was not a fan.  He's like Bishop this year or Haseley a few years ago, and the history of late-rising college bats is mixed at best.

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

Half the Sox 25 man roster is AAAA filler. Going to be hard to replace half the roster in one offseason. 

Half of this roster is AAAA filler?

• 1B: Abreu
  • 2B: Madrigal
  • SS: Anderson
  • 3B: Moncada
  • LF: Jimenez
  • CF: Robert
  • CA: McCann
  • IF: Sanchez
  • UT: Garcia
  • #1: Giolito
  • #3: Cease
  • #4: Kopech
  • CL: Colome
  • SU: Bummer
  • SU: Herrera
  • MR: Fry
  • MR: Marshall
  • LR: Lopez

That’s 18 guys or 72% of our 25 man roster filled and probably a good $70M to work with to plug the remaining holes.  Once again, you are full of shit.

Hahn's "winning" acquisitions: Alonso (waived), Santana (waived), Despaigne (waived), Jay (missed half the season), Herrera (ERA is almost eight), Nova (ERA is almost six). 

Give him McCann and Colome.

Even with a rebuilding team that's really really poor evaluating and signings. I just don't know if he's got the acumen to get this club to the next level. This off season is going to be one of the most important in Sox history, you can see indications that this team could be good moving forward, but I don't know if he can get the help that the team is going to need. I honestly can't trust his judgment which more often than not has been awful.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That’s 18 guys or 72% of our 25 man roster filled and probably a good $70M to work with to plug the remaining holes.  Once again, you are full of shit.

I had the same reaction although I would give Lip Man that Herrera probably isn't going to make the cut.   Carlos Rondon and Dunning belong on the list for some part of the season and one of Cordell or Tilson also has a chance.  Names like Hamilton/Burr & Fulmer are not out of the discussion yet IMO.

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That is not the Sox current 25 man roster.  There is also no guarantee that Robert and Madrigal open next year on the 25 man.  Abreu is not under contract for next year either. 

Also, Yolmer, Herrera, Fry, Marshall, and Lopez are all pretty much replacement level players. 

So again, the Sox are going to have to fill over 10 spots on the 25 man over the offseason. That is not an easy task. 

7 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I had the same reaction although I would give Lip Man that Herrera probably isn't going to make the cut.   Carlos Rondon and Dunning belong on the list for some part of the season and one of Cordell or Tilson also has a chance.  Names like Hamilton/Burr & Fulmer are not out of the discussion yet IMO.

These guys are all nobodies. I'm gonna cry in my beer if I have to watch Cordell, Tilson, or Fulmer again next year. 

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Tell your keyboard that. 

They suck.  No doubt about it.  It will be interesting to see what we do at the deadline.  I honestly see one positional hole on this team going forward and that is RF.  But the Sox need to spend like crazy on rotation and bullpen arms in the offseason.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

These guys are all nobodies. I'm gonna cry in my beer if I have to watch Cordell, Tilson, or Fulmer again next year. 

They are not on my get excited list yet but they have not washed out as has a guy like Herrera IMO.  Some would say Herrera is not out yet in all probability.  Being a fan requires being optimistic.  On a very bright note...a starting lineup that includes names like Anderson, Madrigal, Robert, Eloy, Moncada, Abreu & McCann is very exciting. Kopech, Cease, Giolito, Lopez and Dunning look good as well.  Colome & Bummer could pitch for anybody and Marshall, Burr and Fry all have their places on a good club.  Not a complete team yet but I believe we will be looking very competitive by the end of ST.

52 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Actually Collins came into the year with a second round grade almost everywhere, but like a lot of college bats, he was a late riser.  By no means did everyone love him.  I think Law was not a fan.  He's like Bishop this year or Haseley a few years ago, and the history of late-rising college bats is mixed at best.

You are entirely missing the point here and quite frankly are wrong.  OneDog called Collins a 5th round talent.  I said every major publication had a 1st round grade on him at the time of the draft and that’s a factual statement.  MLBPipeline had him ranked #14, Baseball America had him ranked #16, and Keith Law had him ranked #18.  He was a consensus 1st round talent at the time whether you like the pick today or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

They are not on my get excited list yet but they have not washed out as has a guy like Herrera IMO.  Some would say Herrera is not out yet in all probability.  Being a fan requires being optimistic.  On a very bright note...a starting lineup that includes names like Anderson, Madrigal, Robert, Eloy, Moncada, Abreu & McCann is very exciting. Kopech, Cease, Giolito, Lopez and Dunning look good as well.  Colome & Bummer could pitch for anybody and Marshall, Burr and Fry all have their places on a good club.  Not a complete team yet but I believe we will be looking very competitive by the end of ST.

No more Tilson, Cordell, or Fulmer next year! Enough is enough.