Sunday Game Thread

6 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I'm so tired of players like Rondon, Sanchez, Jay, Alonzo, ......

9 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Just hard to see this over and over again 

There is still so much dead weight on this Sox team. We will know the rebuild is moving in the right direction when guys like Covey, Rondon, Tilson, Cordell, Castillo, Fry, Marshall, Herrera, Sanchez, Nova, Detwiler, Reed, Jay, are all sent packing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

I didn’t even see what happened today, but he’s got to be one of the worst players in MLB this season, he just isn’t close to deserving an MLB roster  

Hurry back TA7 and let the Robert-Madrigal phase begin. 

12 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Just hard to see this over and over again 

When you are chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble

Give a whistle

Always look on the bright side of life.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

When you are chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble

Give a whistle

Always look on the bright side of life.

This series really was a piece of shit 

When you look at it 

Edited by wegner
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

Did I forget to mention that I hate Oakland? Fuck this place it’s like every mediocre player in the A’s lineup gets a boost when they play against the Sox and the baseball rolls in weird ways with all the bloop fluke hits. 👎

If the A's were the worst team in MLB I think the same would happen.

22 minutes ago, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

Did I forget to mention that I hate Oakland? Fuck this place it’s like every mediocre player in the A’s lineup gets a boost when they play against the Sox and the baseball rolls in weird ways with all the bloop fluke hits. 👎

They were 9 over before this series started. They're a solid team with a good manager and a great front office

Totally crap weekend, the Sox look awful against Oakland while the Cubs sweep Pittsburgh. 

Fundamentals win or lose games folks, just ask Rondon. 

Maybe they'll play better against the torpid Royals...maybe.

Here’s a little brighter side.  We lost three games with our three worst pitchers. The guy who we still have hope for pitched well.  Now, Gio and Cease get a crack at KC.  Hopefully Reynaldo has started a second half resurgence.

Going to Oakland sucks.  We don’t have to do it again this season.

Edited by Timmy U
Typo

More amazed Herrera didn’t give up a run in the 8th.

Also amusing to hear the announcers talking up Ryan Cordell like he’s 1984-85 Eric Davis or something...he has five tools, sure, but he can’t consistently apply any of them enough to be a regular.

Still, just the fact a White Sox player actually approached a throw from RF correctly...wasn’t flat footed or drifting or even falling backwards as he caught it, that was refreshing at least.

Shades of the early 2000’s gauntlet going to Anaheim, Oakland and Seattle and getting mauled nearly every series.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

More amazed Herrera didn’t give up a run in the 8th.

Also amusing to hear the announcers talking up Ryan Cordell like he’s 1984-85 Eric Davis or something...he has five tools, sure, but he can’t consistently apply any of them enough to be a regular.

Still, just the fact a White Sox player actually approached a throw from RF correctly...wasn’t flat footed or drifting or even falling backwards as he caught it, that was refreshing at least.

Shades of the early 2000’s gauntlet going to Anaheim, Oakland and Seattle and getting mauled nearly every series.

We might be seeing quite a bit of Herrera as the FO hopes to trade him at the deadline for salary relief.

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

We might be seeing quite a bit of Herrera as the FO hopes to trade him at the deadline for salary relief.

I have a very hard time thinking ANYBODY will take this guy without the Sox paying a significant part of his salary.