Sunday Game Thread

4 minutes ago, Richie said:

In any other sport, I agree. I like the laid back atmosphere of a baseball game. It makes the tense moments where everyone is on their feet that much more enjoyable. 

I think most probably feel this way, but I was kicking around the idea of starting a thread about that and seeing how everyone feels about it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You're enjoying the game by posting this garbage throughout? At least you didn't chalk it up to "I was trying to jinx it!!!" again.

Be a fan. Hope Lopez does better. But "he'll probably suck again" = "tomorrow the sky will be blue" = "grass is green." It's obvious and goes without saying. Predict something less easy.

To be fair, you've never appreciated when I predicted things less easy. 😉

Also, this thread has a serious Streisand effect.

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

I think most probably feel this way, but I was kicking around the idea of starting a thread about that and seeing how everyone feels about it.

I think that would be an interesting thread....do it 

My 2 cents...I think the atmosphere in Oakland is a sensory nightmare.  I would leave there with a headache.  Of course that could be caused by how the Sox usually play there 😁

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He already is in the majors. ;)

It's really amazing when you look around and see that basically every starter in baseball has double digit homers already this year....and the Sox have a guy like Yolmer with 1.

10 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You're enjoying the game by posting this garbage throughout? At least you didn't chalk it up to "I was trying to jinx it!!!" again.

Be a fan. Hope Lopez does better. But "he'll probably suck again" = "tomorrow the sky will be blue" = "grass is green." It's obvious and goes without saying. Predict something less easy.

I am positive most of the time, I would say. This has been a brutal series man. lol. Garbage throughout? I got negative when it looked like Lopez was falling apart. Just like the majority of the fan-base likely did. For Christ's sake. 

You're way too wrapped up in the aside comments people throw out onto a game thread. We all react to the ups/downs of games in different fashions. That's what makes the forum interesting. I have never permeated a thread with negativity. Hell, I was the one on Friday night defending Nova's recent performance after he had just surrendered 3 early earned runs.

The reverse jinxing thing was largely from ONE game thread and if you didn't think that was creepily awesome... you're just not fun to watch baseball with. 

You're also way too caught up with how "smart" or "dumb" you are perceived as by other posters. WAAAAAAYYY too concerned with what people will say about your post later. I say what I am feeling or thinking in a moment. If I am wrong, who cares? That's how it goes. 

Just relax dude. Watch the game. Stop trying to police others for totally benign posts. This forum and these game threads not that serious. Cheers. 

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

There's absolutely no reason for them to bring him back next year

I don't know about you, but I totally watch baseball games to see grown men dump gatorade jugs on themselves.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

To be fair, you've never appreciated when I predicted things less easy. 😉

Also, this thread has a serious Streisand effect.

Oh trust me, I give you a ton of props. It's not easy for someone to be public with such a bad take.

:)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I don't know about you, but I totally watch baseball games to see grown men dump gatorade jugs on themselves.

I watch for the umpiring...I get the MLB package just to enjoy  Country Joe West