The rumors were (partially) true: Collins to AAA

Jose Abreu

Just now, greg775 said:

Now that I see Collins looked mad at the airport, this is starting to steam me. He gets brought up and hardly plays at all then they acquire Reed for no good reason except the Sox had to have had Reed on their trade radar at some point in the tank/rebuild.

Collins homered in his first at bat, didn't he? Instead of trying to ride that, they hardly play him at all. In another tank season, Sox should have had him get a couple months worth of at bats. He could split time with McCann and that'd be reasonable. Just release Beef or trade him for peanuts.

The guy didn't see him at the airport. They were in Oakland. The earliest the guy who saw him at O'Hare last night could have seen him was probably around midnight. Ever been to O'Hare at midnight on a Sunday night? Unless you were on his flight, you weren't going to run into him.

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Zack Collins *NOT* demoted to AAA
2 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Ban Jason Kinander tweets

Tinfoil hat time: Rick Hahn, infuriated by Kinander blowing up his trade, has found ways to sink any credibility he may have. 

Stay WOKE

Edited by mqr
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think Jason is getting desperate. Sometimes just saying your info was bad is better than the spin.

It's still very much in the realm of possibility, if not likely that Collins goes down for beef. I don't think they're going to carry three catchers AND reed. 

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Why make up shit like this?  I mean, I sort of got it when people were claiming to have seen Machado on a plane or at the Bears game, but we're talking about Zack Collins.

Collins is such a normal ass looking dude, it's really not hard to imagine someone mistaking someone else for him. 

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

As others have pointed out, it is extremely likely that the Sox no longer think much of the kid and he probably isn't in the rebuild plans. 

If this is indeed true (who knows for sure?) then that's another black mark on the drafting part of the front office. It would be another high first round pick that they missed on. How many mulligans does that group get before someone starts asking what is wrong? Fulmer, Collins, Burdi, Burger...

Just now, mqr said:

Collins is such a normal ass looking dude, it's really not hard to imagine someone mistaking someone else for him. 

But why would that person pretend that they were Zack Collins and claim they were going to Charlotte? What are the odds that person even knows who Zack Collins is? Why did this person look upset/angry? These questions need answers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mqr said:

I think your greatly over estimating the value of a number ten pick. Getting a major leaguer period would be a good outcome. 

I am not taking any sides here but just for kicks I decided to look up the #10 pick for the 10 years prior to Collins.

2015 Cornelius Randolph...OF in AA

2014 Michael Conforto...OF for the Mets

2013 Phil Bickford...P in A+ ball

2012 David Dahl...OF for the Rockies

2011 Corey Spangenberg...2B recently DFA by Brewers organization

2010  Michael Choice...P in the Mexican League

2009 Drew Storen...P who is currently a free agent

2008 Jason Castro...C for the Twins

2007 Madison Bumgarner...P for the Giants

2006 Tim Lincecum...P currently listed as a free agent

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

I am not taking any sides here but just for kicks I decided to look up the #10 pick for the 10 years prior to Collins.

2015 Cornelius Randolph...OF in AA

2014 Michael Conforto...OF for the Mets

2013 Phil Bickford...P in A+ ball

2012 David Dahl...OF for the Rockies

2011 Corey Spangenberg...2B recently DFA by Brewers organization

2010  Michael Choice...P in the Mexican League

2009 Drew Storen...P who is currently a free agent

2008 Jason Castro...C for the Twins

2007 Madison Bumgarner...P for the Giants

2006 Tim Lincecum...P currently listed as a free agent

If I had to pick at random, I'd be okay with getting Jason Castro off this list. So I'll stand by what I said lol. 

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

If I had to pick at random, I'd be okay with getting Jason Castro off this list. So I'll stand by what I said lol. 

That's funny because I feel the same way about the guy in the Mexican League that Jack Parkman thought of Giolito last year.  Get on the horn Rick...maybe we can trade Castillo and Jay for him.

28 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

If this is indeed true (who knows for sure?) then that's another black mark on the drafting part of the front office. It would be another high first round pick that they missed on. How many mulligans does that group get before someone starts asking what is wrong? Fulmer, Collins, Burdi, Burger...

There's that magic injury prediction device again.

• Jose Abreu changed the title to The rumors were (partially) true: Collins to AAA