The rumors were (partially) true: Collins to AAA

Jose Abreu

14 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

Would have liked to move wellington to the Cubs, even for Montgomery

No one wants the overpaid Beef Wellington. The Sox are stuck with him. They may even pick up his option for next year since Collins doesn't look close to being ready. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

I thought this cat was supposed to have one of the most advanced bats in his draft class? I'm not sure that 6 weeks in Charlotte is gonna be the cure for what ails him. 

Not saying it will be. Simply that it's the only logical move. Whatever he was doing was not working with the White Sox and if he wants any shot at a big league career? He needs to make adjustments. Charlotte's the only reasonable place to do that. Continuing to send him up to the plate with the big league club is like pounding your head into a wall over and over again. Adjustments mid-season can tend to make things worse before they get better. Let him get 6 weeks of PA's with the pressure off. He got a taste of the big leagues, fell short... He can look at it as a learning experience and adjust accordingly. Next time he'll come up with a better idea of what to expect and how to approach it. 

12 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Work a little bit and learn from McCann and get a taste of the majors is all I can think of.

I'm not criticizing YOU, but if this was the FO's plan, then WTF are the coaches doing?

In other words, if those bozos are too fucking lazy and stupid to get Collins to learn his job, their plan was to squander an option/start his service time, so that McCann [who ISN'T on the payroll as a coach] could coach Collins up?

Everything about the way these imbeciles handled Collins pisses me off:

The way the scouting staff talked about how they would've taken him 1-1,

the lack of coaching to make his swing path more likely to make contact, 

the lack of a PLAN with what they were going to do with him if/when they called him up,

the stupid way they wasted an option/started his service clock,

the lack of FO leadership to ORDER RR to play him, 

the stupid and nearly concomitant signing of Reed, which made his callup an utter waste of time.

Now, Collins didn't look good while he was here [nor did he look good in Charlotte, TBH], but everything about how he was brought into the org, and brought up just reeks of the ongoing incompetence from this front office. Here's hoping he can miracle his ass into becoming something of note.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

I'm not criticizing YOU, but if this was the FO's plan, then WTF are the coaches doing?

In other words, if those bozos are too fucking lazy and stupid to get Collins to learn his job, their plan was to squander an option/start his service time, so that McCann [who ISN'T on the payroll as a coach] could coach Collins up?

the lack of a PLAN with what they were going to do with him if/when they called him up,

the stupid and nearly concomitant signing of Reed, which made his callup an utter waste of time.

Now, Collins didn't look good while he was here [nor did he look good in Charlotte, TBH], but everything about how he was brought into the org, and brought up just reeks of the ongoing incompetence from this front office. Here's hoping he can miracle his ass into becoming something of note.

I think he is going to have the same issues as Moncada did last year. he is so selective that it makes him too passive. It works in the minors but not the majors. He is going to need to learn to be selective but more aggressive as Moncada seems to have learned.

35 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think he is going to have the same issues as Moncada did last year. he is so selective that it makes him too passive. It works in the minors but not the majors. He is going to need to learn to be selective but more aggressive as Moncada seems to have learned.

And I think that's a cogent thought.

But, doesn't anyone in this moronathon of a fucktastic FO learn anyfuckingthing? Given the very recent experience with Moncada, couldnt someone, ANYONE take note of this, and take action?

How FUCKING stupid are those assholes in the player development staff? Or, is Collins just too fucking stupid?  Fuck, it's tiresome to see this FO do stupid shit. Can someone get fired, please?!?

17 minutes ago, Tony said:

Jesus, someone do a well-being check on this guy. I honestly can’t fathom getting this upset about something I have ZERO control over. 

R.E.L.A.X.

No worries.

Let's go ahead, & give RH & the FO participation trophies for trying hard.

I agree that I've been too critical on these guys, and after all, 11 years without a post season is entirely unfair for me to expect better of this org.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Yes, that’s exactly what I said and meant. 

Perk up Buttercup, it’s the summer. Go outside, read a book. Expand your vocabulary outside of the words “fuck and “shit.” Just a suggestion. 

Thanks for the kind words, sweetie. 

And yes, we should all use proper English at all times, & never ever criticize your family members in the front office.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 6:06 PM, Two-Gun Pete said:

and they are not confident he can be a catcher?  If so then it was a wasted pick.  

On 7/17/2019 at 11:07 AM, Tony said:

Yes, that’s exactly what I said and meant. 

Perk up Buttercup, it’s the summer. Go outside, read a book. Expand your vocabulary outside of the words “fuck and “shit.” Just a suggestion. 

This has to be said in the voice of voice of Val "Iceman" Kilmer to be truly effective.

On 8/7/2019 at 10:43 AM, kitekrazy said:

and they are not confident he can be a catcher?  If so then it was a wasted pick.  

To your point, Collins doesn't hit well enough to be full time @ 1B or DH. A more competent FO/development staff (THINK: Houston or LAD) would have worked on his swing YEARS AGO to shorten it, not wait until he shat his pants in his 1st exposure to MLB pitching. 

Given his long swing thatll lead to piles of Ks, Collins simply HAS TO catch some/most of the time in order to be a big leaguer, IMO. Otherwise, as you said, it was a wasted pick.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 8:06 PM, Two-Gun Pete said:

The best part was putting him on the pines so AJ Reed could get some at bats. Truly bizarre situation with Reed. 

4 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

To your point, Collins doesn't hit well enough to be full time @ 1B or DH. A more competent FO/development staff (THINK: Houston or LAD) would have worked on his swing YEARS AGO to shorten it, not wait until he shat his pants in his 1st exposure to MLB pitching. 

Given his long swing thatll lead to piles of Ks, Collins simply HAS TO catch some/most of the time in order to be a big leaguer, IMO. Otherwise, as you said, it was a wasted pick.

Like Houton did with JD Martinez and AJ Reed. C'mon man.

6 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

The developmental staff did try to change his swing before this year. Didn’t he go something like 1-36 at the start of last year and then resort back to his old swing? 

On 7/16/2019 at 10:08 PM, Two-Gun Pete said:

Thanks for the kind words, sweetie. 

And yes, we should all use proper English at all times, & never ever criticize your family members in the front office.

The language is incredibly juvenile and clueless. Almost an Incel thing. 

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Like Houton did with JD Martinez and AJ Reed. C'mon man.

This is a canard. Every team has their individual failures. But if you're going to discount their successes (and LAD's as well), you're reaching...

...unless you actually think the SOX do a good job developing players. Is this the case?

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

The developmental staff did try to change his swing before this year. Didn’t he go something like 1-36 at the start of last year and then resort back to his old swing? 

They might have, but the development staff were probably too weak and incompetent to get it to work. Or perhaps Collins isn't intelligent enough to learn anything.

Either way, his selection in the draft, they way he was (snicker) "developed," and the way he was brought up are/were infuriating,  IMO.

3 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

This is a canard. Every team has their individual failures. But if you'regoing to discount their successes (and LAD's as well), you're reaching...

...unless you actually think the SOX do a good job developing players. Is this the case?

We will see. To say Collins is a bust based on infrequent ABs many vs. LHP and saying other oranganizations would have changed his swing is silly. And I pointed out 2 guys who didn't change their swings with a team you mentioned and were let go for nothing. One did change his swing and became a huge force. 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

We will see. To say Collins is a bust based on infrequent ABs many vs. LHP and saying other oranganizations would have changed his swing is silly. And I pointed out 2 guys who didn't change their swings with a team you mentioned and were let go for nothing. One did change his swing and became a huge force. 

Ok, honest question:

Would you rather have Houston's or LAD's developmental staff, or the (snicker) geniuses being led by KW?

5 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Larry: It looks like Zack Collins made a swing adjustment. How do you think it will affect his future outlook?

Keith Law: I just saw him Tuesday. He did not make a swing adjustment. He was also atrocious behind the plate.

Now we know why the Soxtalk Keith Law Fanboy Brigade doesn't like Collins. Makes sense. 

8 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Larry: It looks like Zack Collins made a swing adjustment. How do you think it will affect his future outlook?

Keith Law: I just saw him Tuesday. He did not make a swing adjustment. He was also atrocious behind the plate.

To be fair the next time when Law admits he was wrong about a player will be the first time.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Now we know why Luis Robert went 0-5, 3 K's now.

29 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Collins deserve far more at bats and a couple of seasons as part time catcher. I don't know much about his swing but surely he can continue to work on it.