The rumors were (partially) true: Collins to AAA

Jose Abreu

7 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

The goal is to continue to have waves of prospects develop so the team can sustain success for an extended period of time. In order for them to get into a position to execute it, they had to tear it down. The 3 guys you mentioned were the first wave. The second wave will be Kopech, Cease, Robert, Collins and Madrigal. The wave after will be guys like Vaughn, Walker and Sheets, and so on and so on. Not every wave of players is going to peak at the same time. 

They should be good next year. They should be real good the year after. Hopefully they can continue to incorporate waves of players to stay real good for a while. Part of doing that is "playing games with service time." 

Not once did I see you mention winning a championship. Who gives a  flying fig if we can be above .500 for a sustained period ? The Sox haven't done a damn thing to raise expectations that they can sustain success by relying on minor league talent. They can't draft it , they can't develop it. they can't recognize it and they give away int'l pool money when they should be spending it. Do you really believe that load of crap you just wrote ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/17/2019 at 3:16 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The guy has all kinds of power . I did say upside, doesn't take much to go from 25 to 40 if you find your swing. Look at Yelich.

I swear some of you guys couldn't find your nose in the dark. I don't even understand why this needs explaining.

Well 40-50 homers are coming our way boys!

*His post was about Nomar.

Edited by Chisoxmb35