Sox @ KC - 715pm CT (Giolito v. Junis)

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, Richie said:

For all the b****ing people do about Jay on this forum... 

Yeah... 

Dude is still a negative war player this year and serves little purpose on a tanking team. Bring up Basabe in a month and dfa Jay if you can't trade him. 

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He had a glove on it so it wasn’t an impossible play to make.  I’m sure other people who have perhaps watched more games than you this season have noticed that McCann has struggled and dropped some pop-ups.

Looks like he just got his slump buster.

He got a glove on it after a short hop. Don't think the rule has changed regarding catching pop-ups on a fly. 

I have missed 4 games this season :) Grand total. I don't know if seeing them all would make much of a difference. 

I find that most fan-bases think this about their catchers. Which is likely due to the fact that they don't realize that a pop-up behind the plate is a 5x more difficult play than an infield pop-up or fly ball. Every catcher has a handful that they lose each season. 

Just now, OneDog847 said:

Dude is still a negative war player this year and serves little purpose on a tanking team. Bring up Basabe in a month and dfa Jay if you can't trade him. 

Basabe? He's been hurt half the season it seems.  What has he done to deserve a call up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

Slow golf clap for Machado’s best buddy racking up 3 hits.

Jay would be a fine fourth outfielder on a contending team but he is completely inconsequential to the Sox now and going forward.

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

I mean, this is his 14th game. I would much rather have him in there than Tilson, Cordell or Palka. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s amazing how awful the Sox production is at DH.

It would at least be more plausible letting a 24 year old 1st round pick takes his licks over the Alonso/Reed crap we've been seeing.

1 minute ago, Richie said:

I mean, this is his 14th game. I would much rather have him in there than Tilson, Cordell or Palka. 

The correct answer is dfa all of them. I'm gonna be crying in beer if any of these stiffs are playing on the South Side again next year.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

It's like... you know the pitcher is going to throw the ball down and in - out of the strike zone

But swing anyway.

Bro you are almost out of MLB chances - wake the fuck up or go find another job.

I think this acquisition equals the head scratcher asking Ventura to manage. This organization reinvents stupid every day.

Edited by kitekrazy