Sox @ KC - 715pm CT (Giolito v. Junis)

ChiSox59

It's remarkable how SoxTalk does all of the things they rail against on such a consistent basis. 

A week ago on this forum... "Well, all I know is that after 15 AB's he'll either be a god on this board or worthless trash! Haha!". 10 AB's in... and it's the knee-jerk reaction we were all sarcastically talking about. 

Another conflicting statement on this board.

"Collins needs every day AB's. How can you expect him to hit otherwise!? No one has ever hit without 4 PA's a day!"

A week later...

10 AB's into Reed's career. "He looks horrible! Enough! Clear Charlotte material!"

Ah, never change boys. Never change. 

Not to mention that the same people dismissing Reed entirely. Want Collins playing everyday, despite looking even more helpless.

Edited by Richie

I have and will continue to think those diminishing Gio's first half performance are absurd. 

That being said, a good team would be smacking him around tonight. This is the only start where I've actually thought he looked any less sharp. In the other outings, his stuff was on. He just had an inning in each get away from him. 

Just now, Richie said:

It's remarkable how SoxTalk does all of the things they rail against on such a consistent basis. 

A week ago on this forum... "Well, all I know is that after 15 AB's he'll either be a god on this board or worthless trash! Haha!". 10 AB's in... and it's the knee-jerk reaction we were all sarcastically talking about. 

Another conflicting statement on this board.

"Collins needs every day AB's. How can you expect him to hit otherwise!? No one has ever hit without 4 PA's a day!"

A week later...

10 AB's into Reed's career. "He looks horrible! Enough! Clear Charlotte material!"

Ah, never change boys. Never change. 

Meanwhile, you are getting excited and defensive about a 3 hit game from a player that serves no purpose on this team.

Jon Jay, Mr. Irrelevant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Meanwhile, you are getting excited and defensive about a 3 hit game from a player that serves no purpose on this team.

Jon Jay, Mr. Irrelevant.

Could you please point out where I got excited? lol. Thanks bud

Unless you think saying "I would rather have him in there than Tilson, Palka or Cordell" as being "excited". 

Defensive too? Really? Seriously, point this out. Do it. Find the post. 

Edited by Richie

Something's off with Giolito mechanically. I can't tell you what but it seems like his delivery is way too fragile to ever be expected to have any sort of consistency. 

He's going to dominate for stretches and be absloute crap for stretches. Whomever compared him to Floyd was correct. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

20 minutes ago, Richie said:

For all the b****ing people do about Jay on this forum... 

Yeah... 

This isn’t excited or defensive regarding Jon Jay?

Maybe I should have said passive aggressive?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Something's off with Giolito mechanically. I can't tell you what but it seems like his delivery is way too fragile to ever be expected to have any sort of consistency. 

Yeah, he can't seem to get the pitches he desperately needs. Something definitely there tonight. 

9 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I ask again. Zack Collins couldn't be doing this?

The Sox brass seem afraid that Collins will be utterly exposed if he is out there as the every day DH. What do you do with the guy if he pulls a Palka and averages one hit a month? It's probably better to just hide him in the minors and hope that he can somehow learn how to catch up to 98 mph heaters down in Charlotte. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Notice his leg kick after the delivery?  Seems a little more apparent tonight than usual.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I noticed that he was initially throwing around 96.  Then he dropped down to 93 last inning.  He is back up to 95.

If he can get out of this with 2 ER through 6 innings, we can’t really complain.  The offense is doing nothing for him.

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Ridiculous he was able to tag on that pop up.  How is it so bad hard to find a league average right fielder.  Oh yeah they let one go to TB for nothing.  

Because our major league scouting is beyond pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I noticed that he was initially throwing around 96.  Then he dropped down to 93 last inning.  He is back up to 95.

If he can get out of this with 2 ER through 6 innings, we can’t really complain.  The offense is doing nothing for him.

Could be a good learning experience for him. He's surviving so far without his best stuff. Happens to the best of them.