Sox @ KC - 715pm CT (Giolito v. Junis)

ChiSox59

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You can’t JUST WIN BABY when you don’t have enough bullets.

Time to sell.

Go ahead. I don't care anymore. I want Jose gone so I don't have to defend him any more. This season has been over a while so it's "wait til next year" again. Again ... it's a miracle this team flirted with .500 with this pitching staff for as long as it did. 

I guess we can blame the injury to Timmy and loss of any pop in RF with the loss of Avi, but our lineup is nothing to crow about, either.

Edited by greg775

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Go ahead. I don't care anymore. I want Jose gone so I don't have to defend him any more. This season has been over a while so it's "wait til next year" again. Again ... it's a miracle this team flirted with .500 with this pitching staff for as long as it did. 

I guess we can blame the injury to Timmy and loss of any pop in RF with the loss of Avi, but our lineup is nothing to crow about, either.

Many people wouldn’t mind seeing Jose get traded to a contender and then bring him back in the offseason.  But people are also weary of signing him for more than two years max.  Yes, players handle age differently but ultimately Father Time is undefeated.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

What's really disappointing about tonight was that the Royals pitcher was awful...had a losing record, an ERA of over five...and he strikes out 10 guys. Unbelievable. This offense is just bad especially the last few spots in the lineup tonight.

Gio wasn't as sharp as he has been but tonight should have been good enough.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Again if they can get anything of substance for him then do it, they can resign him, it's that simple.

4 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Must be nice an organization that needs something and bang they get it

Organizations win championships...not really it's the players, but they go a long way towards putting you in a position to possibly win.

9 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

For Mike Montgomery.... that's interesting. 

He was bad this year and they didn’t need him.  But I’m not sure what the hell the Royals want with him.  Give him a few starts, hope he does well, and try to flip him for more before the deadline?  Or just as a cheap starter for next year?

EDIT:  Ah, Montgomery is arbitration eligible for the next two seasons.  So he could be a decent cheap starter for the Royals for the next two years.  And Montgomery wants to start.  He was upset when he didn’t get a chance to stay in the Cubs rotation.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

25 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Listen to me You never give up Greg !  Jose isn’t going to come through every time. Some folks live in a bizarre reality 

7 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He was bad this year and they didn’t need him.  But I’m not sure what the hell the Royals want with him.  Give him a few starts, hope he does well, and try to flip him for more before the deadline?  Or just as a cheap starter for next year?

EDIT:  Ah, arbitration eligible for the next two seasons.  Cheap starter for the next two seasons.  And Montgomery wants to start.

Used to be a Royals player also. Now he is back with them. Interesting 

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

Listen to me You never give up Greg !  Jose isn’t going to come through every time. Some folks live in a bizarre reality 

Agreed, but he can now come through for us by getting traded for a decent return.  If you want him back, sign him in the offseason.

8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Organizations win championships...not really it's the players, but they go a long way towards putting you in a position to possibly win.

Yes really how do these players get there, yankees, dodgers, astros, cubs, tampa, organization s win championships, seems like I forgot to put the White Sox in that group, that's because from top to bottom they are garbage

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

Used to be a Royals player also. Now he is back with them. Interesting 

Drafted by the Royals but never pitched for the big league club.  Ironically, he has ties to our very own Big Game James.

“December 9, 2012: Traded by the Kansas City Royals with Patrick Leonard (minors), Wil Myers and Jake Odorizzito the Tampa Bay Rays for a player to be named later, Wade Davis and James Shields. The Tampa Bay Rays sent Elliot Johnson (February 12, 2013) to the Kansas City Royals to complete the trade.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Why not?

You are playing with fire. Plus what return are you going to get if the other team knows Abreu is going to return to the Sox? It’s business and good business to sign him now at the best possible contract. These calls for him to be traded, and other players on this team as well, always start when they have a bad game or even make one bad play. That type of reaction is crazy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

You are playing with fire. Plus what return are you going to get if the other team knows Abreu is going to return to the Sox? It’s business and good business to sign him now at the best possible contract. These calls for him to be traded, and other players on this team as well, always start when they have a bad game or even make one bad play. That type of reaction is crazy

I don’t think this is true.  He is an expiring contract so there were talks about trading him at the deadline even before the season started, assuming the Sox weren’t in contention by the deadline.

And why would the team trading for Abreu and his expiring contract either know or care that he may resign with the Sox after the season is over?  Any team acquiring Abreu and his expiring contract would just want him for their playoff run.  If they want Abreu longer term than that, the they could attempt to sign him in the offseason like all other teams.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

14 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I don’t think this is true.  He is an expiring contract so there were talks about trading him at the deadline even before the season started, assuming the Sox weren’t in contention by the deadline.

And why would the team trading for Abreu and his expiring contract either know or care that he may resign with the Sox after the season is over?  Any team acquiring Abreu and his expiring contract would just want him for their playoff run.  If they want Abreu longer term than that, the they could attempt to sign him in the offseason like all other teams.

It’s the return you get. Abreu is a team leader and that’s what we need to steady the youngsters. He has more value to this  team than a trade is going to bring considering the other team is getting a rental and knows it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

It’s the return you get. Abreu is a team leader and that’s what we need to steady the youngsters. He has more value to this  team than a trade is going to bring considering the other team is getting a rental and knows it

In 2016, Aroldis Chapman was a 3 month rental and the Cubs knew it.  He also had served a 30 game domestic abuse suspension earlier in the 2016 season which should have lowered his trade value.  Yet the Cubs gave up current Allstar SS/2B Gleybor Torres to the Yankees for 3 months of Chapman.  Chapman then re-signed back with the Yankees in the offseason.

In a trade deadline where a load of pitching is available but not many good bats, who knows what the return could be for Abreu?  But your reasoning and assumption is quite easily proven wrong by this fairly recent trade.

Edited by Moan4Yoan