Sox @ KC - 715pm CT (Giolito v. Junis)

ChiSox59

8 hours ago, Richie said:

It's remarkable how SoxTalk does all of the things they rail against on such a consistent basis. 

A week ago on this forum... "Well, all I know is that after 15 AB's he'll either be a god on this board or worthless trash! Haha!". 10 AB's in... and it's the knee-jerk reaction we were all sarcastically talking about. 

Another conflicting statement on this board.

"Collins needs every day AB's. How can you expect him to hit otherwise!? No one has ever hit without 4 PA's a day!"

A week later...

10 AB's into Reed's career. "He looks horrible! Enough! Clear Charlotte material!"

Ah, never change boys. Never change. 

Not to mention that the same people dismissing Reed entirely. Want Collins playing everyday, despite looking even more helpless.

Maybe as the forum expert you could explain how some guy fell out of the sky and became cleanup hitter. 

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

We're finally playing to our roster. Hard to believe we hovered near .500 for so long with this pitching staff and so many automatic outs.

That said ... it's funny we play Central teams so many times that it's a different Sox and Royals team each time. This is a pathetic Sox team that will get swept. Other times we play KC we are a confident team on fire and win the series. My suggestion is the way we're playing on the road, bet the house the rest of the season on us to lose road games as well as taking the under.

Hahn gets his way. He'll be flipping like a burger cooker the next few weeks.

We miss Timmy.

3 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

In 2016, Aroldis Chapman was a 3 month rental and the Cubs knew it.  He also had served a 30 game domestic abuse suspension earlier in the 2016 season which should have lowered his trade value.  Yet the Cubs gave up current Allstar SS/2B Gleybor Torres to the Yankees for 3 months of Chapman.  Chapman then re-signed back with the Yankees in the offseason.

In a trade deadline where a load of pitching is available but not many good bats, who knows what the return could be for Abreu?  But your reasoning and assumption is quite easily proven wrong by this fairly recent trade.

The Chapman scenario is the only positive one I keep seeing. The Cubs were breaking a curse longer than a century. It was worth it to them to give up Torres. Houston won't nearly be as desperate. 

11 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The Chapman scenario is the only positive one I keep seeing. The Cubs were breaking a curse longer than a century. It was worth it to them to give up Torres. Houston won't nearly be as desperate. 

If Colome / Bummer is considered to be the missing ingredient on a championship caliber team...Hahn will extract a very good return.  Hahn is very good at this when he has something to sell.

4 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

In 2016, Aroldis Chapman was a 3 month rental and the Cubs knew it.  He also had served a 30 game domestic abuse suspension earlier in the 2016 season which should have lowered his trade value.  Yet the Cubs gave up current Allstar SS/2B Gleybor Torres to the Yankees for 3 months of Chapman.  Chapman then re-signed back with the Yankees in the offseason.

In a trade deadline where a load of pitching is available but not many good bats, who knows what the return could be for Abreu?  But your reasoning and assumption is quite easily proven wrong by this fairly recent trade.

Probably about the same as Edwin got honestly.

11 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Wow, . whomever said Jay is slow...  yes I figured he would’ve beat out that play easy but it took an error for him to be safe.

Don't forget he was on the IL for 4 months with a bad hip.  Maybe it's not totally healed, might never be the same again,  and/or he is being cautious with it so as not to aggravate it.  I would cut him some slack.

10 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Seems to happen only to winning organizations.

We're talking about Mike Montgomery for Martin Maldonado wtf. That is nothing more than a garbage for garbage trade.