ChiSox59

Sox @ KC - 715pm CT (Giolito v. Junis)

7 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Are you joking?

No. Why would the Sox sign the guy if they weren't going to give him a serious audition? Reed will likely be here for the rest of the year. 

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

He ran the wrong way.  He has misplayed pop-ups all season.  Not the worst weakness to have as a catcher since he has done everything else so well but it’s definitely a trend at this point.

He ran the wrong way...? Lol

It was a bunt popped backwards. You have no way of knowing where it exactly is and only tenths of a second to be able to locate it. He located, went full speed and dove towards the spot.

If you had ever caught, you would know how silly that statement is. 

A bunt pop-up isn't even in the same category of play as a swinging pop-up behind the plate anyway. Difficult for two completely different set off reasons. I also have never noticed McCann being poor with either and I doubt you can quantify it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Giolito pitched way over his head in the first half. Regression is a mean mother. 

Jesus fucking Christ...you are a fucking joke man.

• Thanks 4

Just now, OneDog847 said:

No. Why would the Sox sign the guy if they weren't going to give him a serious audition? Reed will likely be here for the rest of the year. 

What is legitimate argument against this happening?  Yermin?  There isn’t much else.

Junis has been making more mistakes as the pitch count has gone up, let's see if we can finally punish him this inning.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Jesus fucking Christ...you are a fucking joke man.

Chill out internet tough guy.

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

Junis has been making more mistakes as the pitch count has gone up, let's see if we can finally punish him this inning.

So far... same sh*t

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

eh? ehhhh?

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Richie said:

He ran the wrong way...? Lol

It was a bunt popped backwards. You have no way of knowing where it exactly is and only tenths of a second to be able to locate it. He located, went full speed and dove towards the spot.

If you had ever caught, you would know how silly that statement is. 

A bunt pop-up isn't even in the same category of play as a swinging pop-up behind the plate anyway. Difficult for two completely different set off reasons. I also have never noticed McCann being poor with either and I doubt you can quantify it. 

He had a glove on it so it wasn’t an impossible play to make.  I’m sure other people who have perhaps watched more games than you this season have noticed that McCann has struggled and dropped some pop-ups.

Looks like he just got his slump buster.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

What is legitimate argument against this happening?  Yermin?  There isn’t much else.

On could argue that Collins should be the full time DH/Backup catcher&1B. The Sox would just need to DFA Reed when Castillo is ready to return. 

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

He had a glove on it so it wasn’t an impossible play to make.  I’m sure other people who have perhaps watched more games than you this season have noticed that McCann has struggled and dropped some pop-ups.

Looks like he just got his slump buster.

Yes he struggles but that wasn’t one of them

For all the b****ing people do about Jay on this forum... 

Yeah... 

• Like 1

Just now, OneDog847 said:

On could argue that Collins should be the full time DH/Backup catcher&1B. The Sox would just need to DFA Reed when Castillo is ready to return. 

If Collins isn’t getting some play behind the plate, I’d rather see him in AAA.

Just now, Richie said:

For all the b****ing people do about Jay on this forum... 

Yeah... 

Soon they will be talking extension.