What this organization/ricky's plan was for the all star break

harkness99

1 hour ago, harkness99 said:

never do it again.. because this has been some horrific baseball played since coming back.

Baseball is an up and down sport.. I get it, but it's been so bad that I feel like someone should get fired just to show that anyone gives a fuck.

I agree. It's like the all star break was the break needed to have us play to original expectations. I firmly expect us to suck the entire second half. Loss of Timmy kills the lineup; our pitching staff is very very very poor. I was going to say one of the worst in team history but then I thought that might be hyperbole.

8 hours ago, harkness99 said:

never do it again.. because this has been some horrific baseball played since coming back.

Baseball is an up and down sport.. I get it, but it's been so bad that I feel like someone should get fired just to show that anyone gives a fuck.

Maybe they all went on a bender.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, harkness99 said:

If the White Sox get swept in KC I hope Renteria gets fired. I would rather have Hahn get the boot but I don't think that will happen. The team has looked horrible on this road trip. If the team keeps losing Renteria should go.

• Like 1

The Sox played way over their head in the first half. They actually have a worse run differential than KC and Miami. 

The second half is gonna be very ugly and the Sox will likeley finish the season 15 or so game under 500. It doesn't matter though cause 2019 is a tank year and the standings are not important.  

Edited by OneDog847

Frankly, it was just a matter of time until this team hit a rough patch.  It is not a .500ish team, especially without Timmy.  The upcoming schedule is fairly manageable, but we really need to get these next 3 from the Royals if getting back to .500 is in the cards. 

4 hours ago, WBWSF said:

If the White Sox get swept in KC I hope Renteria gets fired. I would rather have Hahn get the boot but I don't think that will happen. The team has looked horrible on this road trip. If the team keeps losing Renteria should go.

Our games still do not matter so nobody gets fired. It's kind of silly but we're playing a different brand of baseball. We're playing tank ball. We haven't tried to win for some time now. I don't know how the team played over its head so long. The losses will be piling up now and we can all blame the loss of Timmy. Hyperbole lovers ... how bad is our pitching staff? One of 10 worst in Sox history? Five worst?

3 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

The second half is gonna be very ugly and the Sox will likeley finish the season 15 or so game under 500. It doesn't matter though cause 2019 is a tank year and the standings are not important.  

You only expect this team to win another 24 games the rest of the way? 😂 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

31-41 puts them at 73-89... that’s far from unexpected, especially if Giolito continues to slide

My math was a little off earlier but as of right now they have 33 games still remaining against teams with a record below 500....even if they split those that puts you at 16 or 17 w’s then when you factor in the remaining 39 games against teams above 500 I find it very hard for them not to squeeze out 13-14 W’s there.....in my opinion going to be very hard to only win 31 games the rest of the way. Yes this team is bad but it’s also young enough where we will see up and down play all season, right now we are on one of those downward slopes.....Realistically I see them playing .500 ball the rest of the way especially with how many games are remaining in the weak AL central. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, beckham15 said:

My math was a little off earlier but as of right now they have 33 games still remaining against teams with a record below 500....even if they split those that puts you at 16 or 17 w’s then when you factor in the remaining 39 games against teams above 500 I find it very hard for them not to squeeze out 13-14 W’s there.....in my opinion going to be very hard to only win 31 games the rest of the way. Yes this team is bad but it’s also young enough where we will see up and down play all season, right now we are on one of those downward slopes.....Realistically I see them playing .500 ball the rest of the way especially with how many games are remaining in the weak AL central. 

We're starting to play like I thought we would on the road (lose series after series). We've been good at home, better than a normal tank team. I expect a big time nosedive in August and September; we're talking mega losing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

We're starting to play like I thought we would on the road (lose series after series). We've been good at home, better than a normal tank team. I expect a big time nosedive in August and September; we're talking mega losing.

Well given the lack of pitching and actual depth this was going to be another losing year anyway so you may as well get what you can out of a bad situation...aka a high draft pick. Now if the Sox could actually draft a high pick who doesn't get injured or actually produces, than that is even better!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Anyone watching these last 5 games would have no problem believing this.

No, anyone watching these last 5 games, as well as the first half of the season, knows that this is a low point and there's no way the team plays like this for the rest of the season. 

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

No, anyone watching these last 5 games, as well as the first half of the season, knows that this is a low point and there's no way the team plays like this for the rest of the season. 

If you are saying they couldn't play worse than they currently are...I agree.