2019 Trade Deadline Predictions

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don’t feel like I have a pulse at all on this market, what returns will be and what Sox should do. I wouldn’t be offended if they sat out. I really worry about over paying for control at the deadline. 

I don't think anyone does with the August waiver deadline eliminated this year.

36 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m surprised you don’t fear the team jet going down, because that’s the only part of Murphy’s Law you’re missing.

I don't know what to think, they have never proven that they can land a big fish unless said player is a giant prick(Belle) 

10 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

White Sox trade:  CL Alex Colome, LRP Josh Osich, OF Jon Jay, and cash

for

Cubs trade:  C Victor Caratini and LRP Brendon Little

Probably too light on the Sox end.

Lol why would the sox ever do this? They traded a better catcher than Caratini to get Colome in the first place.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

for

Why would we give away Colome? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Lol why would the sox ever do this? They traded a better catcher than Caratini to get Colome in the first place.

I doubt the Sox thought Omar would OPS .840 and improve his defense when they traded him away.  Caratini is two years younger than Narvaez And is also a good hitter.  Plus, the Sox plan for Collins will apparently be cycling between DH, 1B, and C instead of being a full-time catcher.  We also get a solid young lefty relief prospect.

This is only assuming McCann is a one year wonder of course, but we don’t know that yet and likely won’t know until next year.

You guys sure seem to think one year of Colome is worth a ton.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

for

My goodness: Why in the world would the Cubs want Jay and Osich? Acquiring Jay should be a fireable offense of any contender's GM.

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Are you one of those guys who thinks you have the only right opinion? See if I'm right. They'll trade Colome and McCann and that's it. You think Bummer is special? Let me tell you something. He's the perfect White Sox player. Under control, makes no money. There's absolutely no reason to flip him in the Sox minds. Jay and Nova? You don't agree they should just be DFA'ed? I don't know who made you so mighty you can insult me as you just did. I'll do you a favor. I'm blocking you now so hopefully we won't run into each other's posts anymore. As long as I can figure the ignore function. Adios.

I'm not sure what you (and some other posters on this board) know what flip means in terms of baseball or sports in general.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

My goodness: Why in the world would the Cubs want Jay and Osich? Acquiring Jay should be a fireable offense of any contender's GM.

Why? He's hitting great right now, a career hitter of over .280 and brings playoff experience as a 4th outfielder.  Shocker, wrong again.

Here are my guesses:

• Sox acquire Brandon Nimmo from the Mets for Blake Rutherford, Seby Zavala and Codi Heuer
  • Sox trade Jose Abreu, Welington Castillo and cash considerations to the A's for Sheldon Nuese
  • Sox trade Alex Colome to the Dodgers for Josiah Gray and Kyle Garlick
  • Sox trade Jon Jay and Evan Marshall to the A's for Resley Linares
  • Yolmer traded to somebody for a warm body
Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, wegner said:

Wellington Castillo, Jon Jay and Jose Rondon to the Toronto Blue Jays for Aaron Sanchez

Lets face it...you could trade Castillo, Jay and Rondon to the Toronto Blue Jays for a Blue Jays poster and our fans would be happy.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Lets face it...you could trade Castillo, Jay and Rondon to the Toronto Blue Jays for a Blue Jays poster and our fans would be happy.

I'd like a vintage George Bell Blue Jays poster please.

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Here are my guesses:

• Sox acquire Brandon Nimmo from the Mets for Blake Rutherford, Seby Zavala and Codi Heuer
  • Sox trade Jose Abreu, Welington Castillo and cash considerations to the A's for Sheldon Nuese

Are you actually anticipating this much activity? I'd be pretty shocked if they make more than a move or two. 

Getting a hold of nimmo would be pretty nice though. 

Edited by mqr

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Here are my guesses:

Nimmo is definitely a good buy low option for the OF.  And right or wrong, I feel like the Sox will do everything in their power to add a LH bat there.

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nimmo is definitely a good buy low option for the OF.  And right or wrong, I feel like the Sox will do everything in their power to add a LH bat there.

Nimmo has been out since May with a serious neck injury.  Surly there is an able bodied outfielder in some organization that doesn't require Jerry to suffer cardiac arrest from the players wanton greed.

1 hour ago, mqr said:

Are you actually anticipating this much activity? I'd be pretty shocked if they make more than a move or two. 

Getting a hold of nimmo would be pretty nice though. 

Nah, just having fun. 

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yah, I agree. I think they go after someone like Nimmo on the trade market before adding a right handed poor defending RF via FA. Reallocate that $$ to pitching and perhaps a Stop gap 2B, or even my dream in Grandal. 

Makes some sense to me.

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 10:06 AM, Perfect Vision said:

Continue the trend of trading relievers to the Brewers....Colome for Trent Grisham.

Grisham has been as good or better than Luis Robert over the last month.  MLB-ready, lefty bat, great on base skills, relatively low strikeouts, and good corner defense.  Also, could be available with Yelich, Cain, and Braun/Gamel in the outfield through at least next year.  I like him as a target in a Colome/Bummer deal if the Dodgers aren't willing to give up Dustin May.

3 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Grisham has been as good or better than Luis Robert over the last month.  MLB-ready, lefty bat, great on base skills, relatively low strikeouts, and good corner defense.  Also, could be available with Yelich, Cain, and Braun/Gamel in the outfield through at least next year.  I like him as a target in a Colome/Bummer deal if the Dodgers aren't willing to give up Dustin May.

Good idea.  Seems like a nice player.