2019 Trade Deadline Predictions

Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Grisham has been as good or better than Luis Robert over the last month.

I like Grisham but let's not undersell Robert. Robert has easily been better over the last month. 

Grisham over the past 28 days: .295/.368/.590, .958 OPS, 7 HR, 5 SB

Robert over the past 28 days: .363/.422/.613, 1.035 OPS, 5 HR, 13 SB

20 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Nimmo is a CAA guy.  Van Weenie ain't trading away one of his guys.  Go for Conforto.  

Todd Fraizer is also a CAA guy and he's likely to be dealt soon. Brodie is worse at his job than he already appears if he allows his past life to affect his decisions as a GM.  

Edited by ChiSox59

2 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I guess Boston is looking at Abreu

https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2019/07/boston-red-sox-trade-rumors-jose-abreus-availability-being-monitored-by-boston-a-few-other-clubs-report.html

4 hours ago, poppysox said:

Guys like Sanchez, Engel, Jay and Garcia are not without value as role players on good teams.

Nah.

Except maybe for Garcia, who we should keep. He's not a bad player. Reminds me a little of De Aza in a good year. Yolmer, Engel, Jay? No way anybody wants them IMO.

10 hours ago, SCCWS said:

If Boston wants him, we better get a nice return. A lot of you think Abreu blows at this age, but as far as a hitter, he is a fricking all-star. I'm not saying you get the haul we got for Sale, but you get 2 damn fine prospects and one flier on a prospect. Seriously folks, you undervalue Jose, but he could be a nice piece for Boston for several years. He helps them win the title this year then signs and plays there til 37. Not everybody is afraid of a guy's years 32 to 37-38. Go Jose!

43 minutes ago, greg775 said:

If Boston wants him, we better get a nice return. A lot of you think Abreu blows at this age, but as far as a hitter, he is a fricking all-star. I'm not saying you get the haul we got for Sale, but you get 2 damn fine prospects and one flier on a prospect. Seriously folks, you undervalue Jose, but he could be a nice piece for Boston for several years. He helps them win the title this year then signs and plays there til 37. Not everybody is afraid of a guy's years 32 to 37-38. Go Jose!

To be fair, you also keep telling the entire board that Abreu is secretly 35.

58 minutes ago, Quin said:

To be fair, you also keep telling the entire board that Abreu is secretly 35.

B.S. I asked if he was older than he says. Never stated it as fact. Some of you guys make stuff up. This is a flat out untruth. I have never said he's 35 and you know why? I have no idea how old he is.

And guess what? It's fair to ask if some guys are older than they say. If he's the age he says he is, great.

Edited by greg775

30 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I wonder why...Boston isn't in the 2019 race any more than we are.

Boston is 3 games back in WC with 1 team in front of them.  We are 9 back w 4 teams in front.  Love to see Boston miss out especially to an AL Central team. But they have more home games( where they have struggled) than any team in MLB left. 

17 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Boston is 3 games back in WC with 1 team in front of them.  We are 9 back w 4 teams in front.  Love to see Boston miss out especially to an AL Central team. But they have more home games( where they have struggled) than any team in MLB left. 

Hope they make a strong offer.  I wouldn't if I were them.

14 hours ago, poppysox said:

Guys like Sanchez, Engel, Jay and Garcia are not without value as role players on good teams.

Garcia is he only one with value in that group.  Sanchez makes too much and even if we ate the rest of his money, he hasn’t hit well enough.

3 hours ago, SCCWS said:

No thanks. I want all division teams to fail and then sell off good players for prospects that bust lol. 

11 hours ago, poppysox said:

Hope they make a strong offer.  I wouldn't if I were them.

I don't think they will. They have a few options at IB so they may offer a salary dump but hopefully Hahn doesn't go in that direction. 

With the recent pen troubles of the Dodgers, I think they might swing a trade for both Colome and Bummer, which I would be fine with, hopefully headlined by Dustin May.  

If Boston wants Abreu, I would trade him for Houck and Mata, then resign him in the off season.  

1 hour ago, GGajewski18 said:

With the recent pen troubles of the Dodgers, I think they might swing a trade for both Colome and Bummer, which I would be fine with, hopefully headlined by Dustin May.  

If Boston wants Abreu, I would trade him for Houck and Mata, then resign him in the off season.  

No offense, but if you are a contender there have to be better options than trading a real prospect, a can't miss, to Chicago for Colome, a guy who we acquired for just Narvaez. This year we truly are overvaluing our guys. Picture yourself as a GM. You don't acquire Bummer and Colome for a stud. Not to mention my prediction Bummer is somebody the Sox have no reason to deal. Too young for the flip mania.

On 7/20/2019 at 2:08 AM, greg775 said:

My preference would be to keep Jose for another year or two.  Vaughn will be ready and Jose will be getting older.  There is certainly no reason to be trading Jose for a box of rocks.  Until reinforcements get here someone has to knock in some runs.