2019 Trade Deadline Predictions

Chicago White Sox

18 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Got it, Lopez is listed at 6'1" FWIW.

This surprises me. Having seen Cease up close he's a legit 6'2, I don't remember lopez being so close in height to him when they are near each other.

7 hours ago, fathom said:

You’re right, no one else over the last few years ever questioned his ability to minimize his pitch count.

Control is frequently the last thing to fully come in line for power pitchers. If you traded every young power pitcher who struggled to go deep into games when he was young you would have traded nearly all of them.

The Phillies are a very interesting trade partner as I don’t think they are looking to make a huge deal but could use depth where we can provide decent vets. 

A weird package like Nova, Luery, and Marshall could interest them. Would probably have to be a package from their 40 man roster, but I wouldn’t hate taking a gamble on giving a pair of 26 year olds with decent upside a change of scenery in Franco and Pivetta

16 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lots of activity finally happening, I predict the Sox make a move tonight (and no, Covey’s replacement doesn’t count).

What do you expect them to do exactly? And they probably won't announce a Covey replacement until late afternoon tomorrow (return of Tim Anderson perhaps with 12 pitchers being on the roster?).

Edited by soxfan2014

6 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

What do you expect them to do exactly? And they probably won't announce a Covey replacement until late afternoon tomorrow (return of Tim Anderson perhaps with 12 pitchers being on the roster?).

I honestly think they do a mix of buying & selling.  I fully expect Colome to be moved and us adding at least one controllable piece (SP or RF).

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Either guy can play CF or RF at an elite level. Bader has the arm for RF. Sure would be one way of compensating for Eloy’s lack of range in Lf...

Seems like overkill playing 81 games at the Cell.  Rather find a traditional RF (preferably left-handed) with plus power.