2019 Trade Deadline Predictions

Chicago White Sox

For some reason I believe Colome ends up with the Braves. There is a clear need for a closer down there and they have the prospects to give up without getting a top tier guy. I think Allard and Contreras are super interesting not that we would be able to get them both. 

12 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Unless he’s available at an extremely affordable cost, why would the Sox be interested in Pederson considering he’s a free agent after next season?

Makes no sense.  If you don’t sign Ozuna / Puig / Castellanos, someone here mentioned simply signed Corey Dickerson on a short-term, cheap deal as a stop-gap.  That would make more sense.

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Allard seems like a pretty solid return for Chris Martin. 

Can I interest you in a Evan Marshall for Luis Gohara?

It’s a ridiculous return.  Martin’s career, if you can even call it one, isn’t exactly impressive.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/martich02.shtml

He has two more years of arbitration control but he’s already 33 years old and he’s just as likely to suck as be good next year.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It’s a ridiculous return.  Martin’s career, if you can even call it one, isn’t exactly impressive.

He has two more years of arbitration control but he’s already 33 years old and he’s just as likely to suck as be good next year.

Even worse: Martin is a free agent this year, it‘s in his contract coming over from Japan

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Sounds like he’s actually going to be a FA. What a return. 

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Phillies now moved Pivetta (26) and Eflin (25) to their bullpen. I wouldn’t mind trying to acquire either, both have legit stuff but haven’t been able to have consistent success. Would be slightly more interesting than Marco Gonzales imo...

Same. Colome for either of them.

I have positioned myself nicely to make this Christmas when I wake up at Noon and hopefully see Hahn work his trade magic.  One last haul boys. 

I'm going to predict Colome to Nats

OR

Colome and Bummer or Fry to LAD.

Abreu to TB

Leury also gone in a package to idk where.

McCann stays, even though he shouldn't.

Nova to Philly

Hansen traded in a package.

Steele Walker traded.

Thanks for sponsoring me, Coors.

Edited by BackDoorBreach

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Even better

Not a big deal (obviously), but if Jay is traded....who plays OF today? If Moncada can't go today, they trade Jay, and don't have an OF like Cordell or TIlson hanging in Chicago, the Sox are going to have a super goofy lineup today.