2019 Trade Deadline Predictions

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Seems like overkill playing 81 games at the Cell.  Rather find a traditional RF (preferably left-handed) with plus power.

I think he’s a great buy low option. He’s been unlucky at the plate this year and just turned 25. I can definitely see him being a 775 OPS hitter and a RF in the mold of Adam Eaton with his speed and arm strength / elite defense.

40 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I would not be trading any of the couple guys worth anything for Bader.  He can't hit and has no pop.  

No pop? 186 ISO in AAA in 2017, 158 in MLB last year and 145 this year. For reference, Eaton was 144, 144, 165 in his 3 seasons with the Sox in which he averaged 4.5 fWAR.

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

No pop? 186 ISO in AAA in 2017, 158 in MLB last year and 145 this year. For reference, Eaton was 144, 144, 165 in his 3 seasons with the Sox in which he averaged 4.5 fWAR.

I don't know anything about Bader but his stat line looks like he could be Adam Engle.

4 hours ago, fathom said:

Not nearly enough offense for me in RF from Bader.

You figure you hope to have a ++ bat in left and a + bat in center, there are worse things to do with the right fielder than help steal outs back that Eloy gives away. 

6 hours ago, mqr said:

You figure you hope to have a ++ bat in left and a + bat in center, there are worse things to do with the right fielder than help steal outs back that Eloy gives away. 

He’s had a rough year at the plate but still a career 709 OPS as a just turned 25 year old isn’t that bad for someone with his defense. If he can get that OPS into the upper 700s, he’s 2016 Adam Eaton. Hit 20 homers in AAA in 2017 pre PED ball (12 homers in 427 PA in MLB last year) so the power is there and he has a decent 8.3% walk rate in MLB. I doubt the Cards give him away but I’d definitely trade a chip like Colome for him. Bader will likely end up more productive at the MLB level than any prospect they would receive in return.

YAWN!!!

Still think Castillo, Jay, Nova and Marshall all have to be pretty good candidates to be moved in the next 30 hours.

Perhaps Colome if someone decides to pay up.  Doubt Bummer goes anywhere.  

Not much to move, but this is shaping up like another boring deadline around baseball.  Thought the lack of a waiver deadline this year would create a flurry of moves the last week or so, but it really hasn't come to fruition.  

For as much as the Dodgers, Braves, Nationals, Phillies, and Brewers have been involved in talks to bolster their pitching, I have a hard time believing they won't all acquire someone between now and 3pm tomorrow.  If the Vazquez talks fall through with the Pirates, it will be interesting to see what the Dodgers do.  This is an important year for them and they really need an impact bullpen arm. 

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

For as much as the Dodgers, Braves, Nationals, Phillies, and Brewers have been involved in talks to bolster their pitching, I have a hard time believing they won't all acquire someone between now and 3pm tomorrow.  If the Vazquez talks fall through with the Pirates, it will be interesting to see what the Dodgers do.  This is an important year for them and they really need an impact bullpen arm. 

Vazquez is going to be extremely expensive.  Pitt is asking for combination of Lux or May + Ruiz. I think 4 more years of control left though.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Apparently the Dodgers want Diaz really bad. I also read the Red Sox may put Benetendi on the table for Diaz. 

I read it more like that is what the Mets were asking for, not that the Red Sox were entertaining it.  

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I hope the Sox could pull off the following trades: 

Abreu to TB for McClanahan and Banda

Colome to PHI for Medina and Haseley/Moniak

Mazara to Sox for Fulmer and Hansen

Yeah those aren’t realistic unfortunately

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I hope the Sox could pull off the following trades: 

Abreu to TB for McClanahan and Banda

Colome to PHI for Medina and Haseley/Moniak

Mazara to Sox for Fulmer and Hansen

I'd say the most realistic deal out of those 3 is the Mazara one.

Edited by soxfan2014

48 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

SD shopping both Franimal and Renfroe.  Man I wish we had some prospect depth to get Reyes.

And TB is interested in them. I was going to suggest these guys when people were talking about the Rays giving up a top 100 prospect for Abreu (something that will not happen).

42 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Apparently the Dodgers want Diaz really bad. I also read the Red Sox may put Benetendi on the table for Diaz. 

obvs red sox now reported out but if they really are dangling benintendi for a controllable closer not having a particularly good year, then sox really should inquire.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

obvs red sox now reported out but if they really are dangling benintendi for a controllable closer not having a particularly good year, then sox really should inquire.

Doesn't sound like this is true.

If they were willing to deal Benintendi, they can do better than a struggling reliever.

Edited by soxfan2014