7/16|White Sox @ Royals|#CeaseDay|7:15 PM CT

Jose Abreu

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

I don’t see laziness as a problem. 

Moncada's and Abreau's attempts at those throws in the first inning were pathetic. Generally they are not lazy I'll admit, but the effort on those two plays, especially at 3rd Base was an awful effort. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

They're not though. Moncada looks like ass since the first game after the ASB and Giolito has ok to bad for the last 4 weeks. Anderson and now Jimenez are hurt. All of the positives from the first half are starting to disappear. 

A 4 game slump doesn’t erase a guy being a top 10 position player in baseball for three months. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

They're not though. Moncada looks like ass since the first game after the ASB and Giolito has ok to bad for the last 4 weeks. Anderson and now Jimenez are hurt. All of the positives from the first half are starting to disappear. 

If Eloy is seriously hurt, then god help us.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There is 70 games left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

He just came up from the minors.  I am sure this is not the first time he has seen bad defense behind him.

Yea, but you'd expect guys to not completely suck in the field at the highest of levels, but I think Charlotte has been a bungling mess on defense as well. So he's used to it.

1 minute ago, kwolf68 said:

Sad thing is not a single ball was hit worth a shit (other than Merrifield's leadoff), they have two broken bat duck snorts and a couple other flares. With Cy Sparkman pitching, 3 is probably too much however. 

4. I'm going to work guys. Peace. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

While I agree in principle, Moncada's ABs haven't looked the same since gm 1 in Oakland. 

Does there exist a baseball player in history who doesn't have weeks like that?

5 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Moncada's and Abreau's attempts at those throws in the first inning were pathetic. Generally they are not lazy I'll admit, but the effort on those two plays, especially at 3rd Base was an awful effort. 

Moncada? It was a missed catch. Should he have done a cartwheel first? He just missed it. It wasn’t laziness.

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

So Moncada has looked like ass for three and a half games?  Giolito has a slight rough patch (leagues better than 2018 bad Lucas) and looked fine last night before he got hit by a ball.   We don’t even know the extent of Eloy’s injury and it sounds like Timmy will be back soon.  Not sure what you’re panicking about to be honest.  This has been an absolutely awesome year for the young guys.

• Haha 1

Just now, fathom said:

Giving up a lot of two strike hits tonight. He’s definitely sacrificing stuff for command, which you know I hate.

His stuff looked better against Detroit, other than the fastball which I think he's commanded better tonight, but his change-up is nothing compared to the Detroit game. I think he gets 1 more inning and he's done. Unless by some miracle he has a 10 pitch inning. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Giving up a lot of two strike hits tonight. He’s definitely sacrificing stuff for command, which you know I hate.

Well his pitching coach approves of that message.  He would like him probably 91-92 with control over 97 with stuff.  Coop will fuck with him.  Coop cant control himself.

9 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Thats not how the white sox work.  They will drag Ricky off the field over his dead body.  He will probably get a renewal.

Exactly. Renteria just signed a secret extension not too long ago. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Neither is Cooper and the hitting coach doesn't really matter.