7/16|White Sox @ Royals|#CeaseDay|7:15 PM CT

Jose Abreu

Just now, soxfan49 said:

No, he was unlucky in the minors, not bad

Yeah because if not he will suck forever 😑

NOTHING in my statement should have lead to such a comment. I said nothing of Dylan's long term potential. I questioned bringing him up and a shit bag Royals team really didn't have too much trouble with him and how would he fare against actual MLB lineups? The question many raised was, "what was the point" in bringing him up? Experience? Fair enough. But he's really not ready. 

38 minutes ago, Richie said:

Eh... that's such a meat ball criticism of a manger or coach. Fans are p*ssed and are just looking for something with that. 99% of baseball managers are non-reactionary. If he started screaming all red faced, he'd get bashed for being a blithering/hapless fool. 

The bottom line is they look like and play like the bad news bears, he is the manager, he is accountable for this garbage.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Richie said:

You said that every positive from the 1st half has been erased over the last 5 days and included Moncada. I mean, that's a pretty big statement and going to garner a reaction.

I didn't mean to include Moncada in that because the sample size is too small. I thought that would be common sense. Apologies for not being clear enough. I was just making an observation about Moncada's last 4 games. The other things are all in question at the very least at this point, and there is enough of a sample size. 

I'm autistic and I see the world in binary terms. Sometimes it's hard for me to communicate gray areas. The same thing happened in the Giolito/Ace thread so I'm sorry. 

I'm having trouble expressing my thoughts properly right now. Forgive me please for not being clear. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Just got back home from running errands all day (saw the Mondesi injury) What happened to Eloy and has Cease been as bad as his line suggest?

This is one of the worst defensive performances ever by the Sox, so no, it is not. Related, eloy collided with Tilson on a fly ball

• Thanks 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

Thanks. Just saw that inning. Was thinking to myself the defense must've been that bad cause he looked great there.

Name a defensive player and they were awful. My favorite might be McCann trying to block the plate and almost forgetting he had to tag the guy at home 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Just got back home from running errands all day (saw the Mondesi injury) What happened to Eloy and has Cease been as bad as his line suggest?

He didn’t look great, but not 6 runs bad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Name a defensive player and they were awful. My favorite might be McCann trying to block the plate and almost forgetting he had to tag the guy at home 

I preferred Tilson’s misread, pause, and jump attempt on the liner to CF.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think he must have believed that Merrifield had no way of NOT just sliding directly into an out with his foot blocking the plate...