7/16|White Sox @ Royals|#CeaseDay|7:15 PM CT

Jose Abreu

Baseball is baseball sometimes but letting Glenn Sparkman CGSO you after an embarassing trip to OAK there is some reason to be negative right now.  This is awful baseball.  Lopez looked good.  That is literally the only positive over the last 5 games.

Fundamentals win or lose games. The White Sox don't seem to care about them, don't seem to stress them and then when you get games like tonight...outfielders running into each other, guys missing cut offs, errant pick off throws, outfielders taking bad angles / decisions turning hits into extra base hits...nothing is said, nothing is done, no one is held accountable.

Same BS we've seen for years.

And with respect, please don't give me the "rebuilding" excuse. High school teams know how to do these things, how can "professionals" not be able to?

Just sickening tonight to a bad pitcher and a God-awful team. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

Fundamentals win or lose games. The White Sox don't seem to care about them, don't seem to stress them and then when you get games like tonight...outfielders running into each other, guys missing cut offs, errant pick off throws, outfielders taking bad angles / decisions turning hits into extra base hits...nothing is said, nothing is done, no one is held accountable.

And with respect, please don't give me the "rebuilding" excuse. High school teams know how to do these things, how can "professionals" not be able to?

Talent wins more games than anything, and there was very little talent at the plate for the Sox tonight. As for that, the talent level on the field the next few weeks is going to be embarrassing with Anderson and Eloy out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Talent wins more games than anything, and there was very little talent at the plate for the Sox tonight. As for that, the talent level on the field the next few weeks is going to be embarrassing with Anderson and Eloy out.

Very true but fundamentals, the ability to do the right things at the right time also play a MAJOR factor in a teams success. You're right, the Sox have little talent but even when they did have it, their stupidity on the field cost them dearly. And that hasn't changed.

After tonight's farce I'm reminded of the times this past off season when Rick Hahn (and others) talked about fundamentals and how the Sox had to be better at them.

More total bullshit from the master at talking for 10 minutes and not saying one damn thing you can hang your hat on.

That play early in the game was a carbon copy of the ending to Sunday’s.

Infielders playing out of position trying to make plays they shouldn’t.

Rondon should have take his time to get one out in Oakland...and Leury should have collected himself and made a controlled throw to first to get at least one out there.

Cubs’ fans are complaining about their defense, but it’s still light years ahead of us.  Cordell wants to play hero ball and dive for everything....but he apparently didn’t study that RF corner in KC to know that it wraps around and would result in an easy triple or even inside the park for a solid baserunner in Merrifield.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Great post

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

Fathom and Lip Man speak da truth. Sox really do need to clean house upstairs and on the field. They actually need a new owner, too.

I thought you said hahn would have a job for life because he got Jimenez and Moncada in trades, hahn and his friends should be belittled day in and day out for the product they put on the field but no one the mlb network or in Chicago CARES.

7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Very true but fundamentals, the ability to do the right things at the right time also play a MAJOR factor in a teams success. You're right, the Sox have little talent but even when they did have it, their stupidity on the field cost them dearly. And that hasn't changed.

This is very true. Good players don't just put up numbers; they play a smart game. What good does it do to hit a long home run if you miss the cut-off man or run yourself out of  an innings? Make the routine play first and worry about the great plays later. Are you listening, Tim?

I don't know what is going on in the front office, but this is a time for a big decision. Are this manager and coaching staff the right people to lead this rebuild? The team is not going to get a new owner or GM. So, it is time the current people to make some changes. If they don't, it is likely that this rebuild won't work, and I don't care how much young talent they have.

9 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

This is very true. Good players don't just put up numbers; they play a smart game. What good does it do to hit a long home run if you miss the cut-off man or run yourself out of  an innings? Make the routine play first and worry about the great plays later. Are you listening, Tim?

I don't know what is going on in the front office, but this is a time for a big decision. Are this manager and coaching staff the right people to lead this rebuild? The team is not going to get a new owner or GM. So, it is time the current people to make some changes. If they don't, it is likely that this rebuild won't work, and I don't care how much young talent they have.

I posted a while back that I hope the FO is researching for who they would want to be the next manager. But having said that, lack of fundamentals 'should be a mark against the minor league system. Every team makes stupid plays. The question really is do the Sox make more than most.   Using FPCT( limited stat) which measures error % the Sox are 29 of 30.  But fans who watch most games have a feel for other things like range, throws, cut-offs etc.  We are a rebuilding team but fundamentals should not be skewed by youth. It would be by guys playing out of position. or w a team with  poor overall athleticism.