On This Day...

Lip Man 1

One of those, "Did I just see this?" moments...

July 16, 1990 - One of the funniest moments in Sox history, as Sox utility player Steve “Psycho” Lyons made a mistake that wound up on every highlight show in the nation. In the fifth inning at Detroit, Lyons bunted his way on, sliding head first the final few feet to beat the throw. He then called time and completely blanked out as he started to drop his pants to get the dirt out of them. Fortunately he was wearing sliding shorts. When he realized what he was doing he quickly yanked his pants back up while turning beet red in the process.

After he was forced at second base later in the inning and ran back to the dugout, female fans in the first few rows behind the Sox bench began waving dollar bills at him.

Image result for Steve Lyons drops pants

2 hours ago, pcq said:

Wow what a storied history. Dropping trou. blowing up the park and fixing the series. I would have gone with something else. 

Who said "storied?" I said funniest moments.

And when you've only been to the playoffs five times in almost 40 years you take what you can get.

I have plenty (over 400) of notations on This Day In White Sox History. I'd be happy to post those if that's what the board wants. Took me a few years to assemble.

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Who said "storied?" I said funniest moments.

And when you've only been to the playoffs five times in almost 40 years you take what you can get.

I have plenty (over 400) of notations on This Day In White Sox History. I'd be happy to post those if that's what the board wants. Took me a few years to assemble.

Pretty cool that you compiled so many. Seems like if you took the time to do that it would be a waste not to share.

3 hours ago, Blackout Friday said:

Pretty cool that you compiled so many. Seems like if you took the time to do that it would be a waste not to share.

It does take an effort to have to post those every day especially when I'm on the road for football and basketball broadcasts, but I'll think about it. Getting more feedback from board members on this would help the decision one way or the other.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It does take an effort to have to post those every day especially when I'm on the road for football and basketball broadcasts, but I'll think about it. Getting more feedback from board members on this would help the decision one way or the other.

You could just share some whenever you get a chance. I know I would be interesting in seeing these.

On 7/17/2019 at 5:27 PM, pcq said:

Wow what a storied history. Dropping trou. blowing up the park and fixing the series. I would have gone with something else. 

Seriously? Dude it was a funny moment. Something to laugh and remember.... Sheesh