Shake-up Needed in Coaching Staff, ASAP

caulfield12

16 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Not necessarily. If you were to have a very high payroll full of stars that could actually scare off potential owners who aren't willing to maintain that level of "dedication" for wont of a better word to winning.

And JR isn't selling he's made that crystal clear publicly because of the tax hit his estate / family would take.

When he passes since he's also made it clear he's advised the family to sell, I'd imagine his partners would get first crack at the team, if no one wants it, it would go into an open process where any company or individual could get involved. 

Which worries me that nothing would really change. 

1 hour ago, GradMc said:

The thought someone in that cabal would assume the ownership reigns is absolutely frightening. It would be more of the same.

If Reinsdorf cares about his financial legacy they need to put the team out there when he passes and sell to the highest bidder. 

That practically guarantees anyone from this present group will get out-bidded.

I doubt anyone from the group was for upping the payroll to 200 mil and signing Harper, Machado and a couple of aces.

But even if they didn't win this year, the future would be very bright.

The Sox would have drawn 2.5 to 3 mil.

Where I come from you gotta spend it to make it.

I have heard over the years that some members from minority ownership have been asking him to sell but he refuses.

And frankly I just don't think any of them would be interested in buying the team, personally I don't know if any of them could afford the asking price.

12 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I have heard over the years that some members from minority ownership have been asking him to sell but he refuses.

And frankly I just don't think any of them would be interested in buying the team, personally I don't know if any of them could afford the asking price.

That would be my hope. I would guess the team would sell for around $2 billion, which hopefully would squeeze out the current minority owners. It would be neat if one of them billionaires that spends like crazy bought the team. Sox fans deserve that.

Edited by Sarava
  • Like 1