Eloy going on IL

fathom

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah I think it’s bad given how confident they are he will need to go on the IL. Just hoping it’s not Tommy John.  

Don't say those words around these parts man. 

This is now the second major injury scare for Eloy due to his clown act in the outfield. Fool me once, fool me twice, Sox better not get fooled again!

Just now, strike27 said:

I know that one looks worse, but you never know. Also with our history of injuries, it seems reasonable to expect the worst. 

Gleyber Torres also needed TJS after initially being diagnosed as hyper-extended elbow

3 minutes ago, HeHatesShe said:

Two words: Mendick!

Honestly, at this ridiculous point this makes the most sense.  It gets Leury back to CF and allows the Sox to see what Mendick can do.  See if he can replace what should have been Yolmer’s role as backup infielder.  No one needs to see Engel again.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Looking at the picture in this link, I’m wondering if he blew out his bicep.  I’m not seeing why he would hold his arm that way with a shoulder injury.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCSChicago/status/1151289463252934666

Frank Thomas in 2001 blew his out but his was because of a violent hit to the ground as he was diving for a ball hit down the first base line. Anything is possible I guess.

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Looking at the picture in this link, I’m wondering if he blew out his bicep.  I’m not seeing why he would hold his arm that way with a shoulder injury.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCSChicago/status/1151289463252934666

How long would he be out if that were the injury? That's a 12 month injury isn't it? 

The rebuild can't afford another blow like that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Frank Thomas in 2001 blew his out but his was because of a violent hit to the ground as he was diving for a ball hit down the first base line. Anything is possible I guess.

Fucking Ichiro...... I was at that game. And devastated since I had a front row seat along the 1B side.