Eloy going on IL

fathom

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

How long would he be out if that were the injury? That's a 12 month injury isn't it? 

The rebuild can't afford another blow like that. 

Miggy tore his last June and was ready for Spring Training. There isn’t much info out there are MLB players and torn biceps. It’s much more common in football.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

At 22, that’s unacceptable. He needs to stop being an asshole in LF and doing things to put himself in that position. This isn’t on anyone but Eloy. 

Very true. The guy is 22. Sorry, he is not going to be a DH. That's just silly. Can he stay healthy as a leftfielder? He should be able to if he gets his act together after gaining experience. Both injuries were preventable. A lot of our prospects are getting hurt. This is not a positive sign. With no Eloy and Timmy we ain't going to be winning (m)any road games the rest of the way. In hindsight none of us knew Eloy would have been better off spending another full year in the minors concentrating solely on defense with a personal coach. He does need work in LF. He's an MLB hitter, but not fielder. Wow.

This better not be a serious injury but like somebody said the way things go with White Sox injuries, this could be a season-ender. I don't like the quote from Tilson about the arm angle.

Edited by greg775

“the only way he need's TJS, is if he needed it before the collision. there might be some evidence of this, considering he's been skipping the ball into the infield all season. how can a dude that big have such a noodle for an arm?”

Someone wrote that at Twitter...was it Jay or Jimenez that had a top line or average velocity of 70 mph throwing from LF?  

That’s really ridiculous, I mean most of us could hit high 70’s or low 80’s pitching in 9th or 10th grade.

23 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Now that this has happened and the offense can't score any runs, I hope they call up both Robert and Madrigal. Let both of them get there feet wet up here now.

The offense being terrible in a lost season isn’t really a good justification to lose an extra year of control on Robert and Madrigal.  I hope they wait until April of next year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fathom said:

My irrational hatred of Tilson continues 

https://mobile.twitter.com/JRFegan/status/1151331742768336897

In this case, it would be irrational. That was Tilson's ball all the way. Eloy should have backed off. This was one time Tilson looked like a major league outfielder and Eloy got in his way. Other times, Tilson doesn't look like a major league outfielder.

19 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Aren't they like 7th now? I hope they stay in top 10 range if they plan on signing someone like Cole.

8th.  And it’s going to be tough to end up any higher than 7th, there’s like a 6 game gap after that.  I’d take 7-8th this year.  Supposed to be a deep draft.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jake said:

Listen if you make him a DH at age 22, then he's a bust. I'd rather continue risking him in the OF than remove basically all his upside as a player so early in his career.

Look at the production the Sox have gotten from the DH spot over the last decade.  It's atrocious.  The Sox need to play a DH every game and it's pretty apparent that getting a good DH from the system or through free agency isn't as easy as some assume.  It's not like the team has another great hitter who is important to the lineup and can't play a position (like an Edwin Encarnacion) that's forcing the Sox to play Eloy in LF.  For god's sakes, Jon Jay and Jose Rondon have gotten DH starts with Eloy in LF.  That makes no sense!  The idea that the Sox would play Eloy in LF just to maximize his individual value is ludicrous and not how Renteria or anyone else should be managing the team.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Wait what happened to Tilson hitting .400 with 40 doubles did that not happen

Soxtalk gonna Soxtalk. A player comes up and has a good week = he's part of the future. Player comes up and has a bad week = hes awful and will never improve. Obviously not part of rebuild. 

Classic Soxtalk.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Soxtalk gonna Soxtalk. A player comes up and has a good week = he's part of the future. Player comes up and has a bad week = hes awful and will never improve. Obviously not part of rebuild. 

Classic Soxtalk.

Literally nobody thought that about Tilson. Maybe you thought it up in a dream?