Jump to content
fathom

Eloy going on IL

Recommended Posts

They really need to just make him the full time DH whenever he returns. You can’t afford him getting injured so much due to his clumsiness defensively.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

So what could it even be?  Hyperextended elbow?

Who knows. What exactly did it look like for those who saw it? I wasn't watching the game at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was injury prone in the minors and that has continued into the bigs. He is a future DH. The sooner the Sox realize that, the better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Who knows. What exactly did it look like for those who saw it? I wasn't watching the game at that point.

It looked like nothing tbh, which is more concerning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

They really need to just make him the full time DH whenever he returns. You can’t afford him getting injured so much due to his clumsiness defensively.

At 22, that’s unacceptable. He needs to stop being an asshole in LF and doing things to put himself in that position. This isn’t on anyone but Eloy. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we now just officially make him a DH already?

His defense in LF isn’t worth risking the loss of his bat in the lineup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony said:

At 22, that’s unacceptable. He needs to stop being an asshole in LF and doing things to put himself in that position. This isn’t on anyone but Eloy. 

It's not unacceptable. The guy is a complete clown in the outfield and is a totally liability. The Sox need to stop trying to make him something that he isn't. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony said:

At 22, that’s unacceptable. He needs to stop being an asshole in LF and doing things to put himself in that position. This isn’t on anyone but Eloy. 

He wasn’t good to begin with defensively.  I sure as hell didn’t mind watching Frank Thomas bat knowing he wasn’t going to play 1B.  Besides, you could improve both the defense and the lineup by adding a LF who can actually play there and hit a bit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay then find a left fielder right now  since robert going to center fielder and lord know who going to be in right fielder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tony said:

At 22, that’s unacceptable. He needs to stop being an asshole in LF and doing things to put himself in that position. This isn’t on anyone but Eloy. 

But even when he’s not being an “asshole”, he still is god awful out there. I doubt he gets significantly better as he ages as well.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

Obviously they won’t call up Robert, do we see a call up again for Engel 

Wonder if they go the IF route. Move Leury back to CF. I don't even dare want to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Escobar or Goins makes an appearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

He was injury prone in the minors and that has continued into the bigs. He is a future DH. The sooner the Sox realize that, the better. 

Yes.  Yes.  And yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

okay then find a left fielder right now  since robert going to center fielder and lord know who going to be in right fielder

This is only year 3 of a 5-6 year rebuild. The Sox have plenty of time to find a left fielder. 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Obviously they won’t call up Robert, do we see a call up again for Engel 

Honestly after the showing in the OF today, he’s be a welcome face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×