fathom

Eloy going on IL

They really need to just make him the full time DH whenever he returns. You can’t afford him getting injured so much due to his clumsiness defensively.

• Thanks 2

Just now, fathom said:

So what could it even be?  Hyperextended elbow?

Who knows. What exactly did it look like for those who saw it? I wasn't watching the game at that point.

He was injury prone in the minors and that has continued into the bigs. He is a future DH. The sooner the Sox realize that, the better. 

• Like 1

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Who knows. What exactly did it look like for those who saw it? I wasn't watching the game at that point.

It looked like nothing tbh, which is more concerning

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They really need to just make him the full time DH whenever he returns. You can’t afford him getting injured so much due to his clumsiness defensively.

At 22, that’s unacceptable. He needs to stop being an asshole in LF and doing things to put himself in that position. This isn’t on anyone but Eloy. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Can we now just officially make him a DH already?

His defense in LF isn’t worth risking the loss of his bat in the lineup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

At 22, that’s unacceptable. He needs to stop being an asshole in LF and doing things to put himself in that position. This isn’t on anyone but Eloy. 

It's not unacceptable. The guy is a complete clown in the outfield and is a totally liability. The Sox need to stop trying to make him something that he isn't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

He wasn’t good to begin with defensively.  I sure as hell didn’t mind watching Frank Thomas bat knowing he wasn’t going to play 1B.  Besides, you could improve both the defense and the lineup by adding a LF who can actually play there and hit a bit.

• Like 2

okay then find a left fielder right now  since robert going to center fielder and lord know who going to be in right fielder

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

But even when he’s not being an “asshole”, he still is god awful out there. I doubt he gets significantly better as he ages as well.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

Obviously they won’t call up Robert, do we see a call up again for Engel 

Wonder if they go the IF route. Move Leury back to CF. I don't even dare want to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Escobar or Goins makes an appearance.

5 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

He was injury prone in the minors and that has continued into the bigs. He is a future DH. The sooner the Sox realize that, the better. 

Yes.  Yes.  And yes.

2 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

okay then find a left fielder right now  since robert going to center fielder and lord know who going to be in right fielder

This is only year 3 of a 5-6 year rebuild. The Sox have plenty of time to find a left fielder. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Obviously they won’t call up Robert, do we see a call up again for Engel 

Honestly after the showing in the OF today, he’s be a welcome face.