Goins Called Up; Minaya Clears Waivers, Outrighted to AAA

ChiSox59

30 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We should be thankful we had those three guys to trade or we’d currently be on a 10-15 year rebuild and selling off Luis Robert after he hit arbitration eligibility to the highest bidder.

Thankful to who? 

Part of the commitment to rebuilding was the three tradable assets they had - it was one of the motivating factors. I'm not sure what your point is.

No one alive was arguing they had a good farm system before the rebuild started.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

There were posters here ripping the Sox for DFA'ing him and keeping Covey. 

I may be in the minority on this, but I think Covey actually presents more future value to the Sox than Minaya. He's absolutely been terrible - not denying that, but the fact he's hit 98 with his fastball while rehabbing in Charlotte peaks my interest as a potential arm out of the pen. I'd like to see what he could do knowing he's only out there for 3 outs and unload. Minaya seems like your typical run-of-the-mill arm that comes and goes for every organization. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

A top #1-3 system in baseball better go deeper than the Top 4-5 guys in terms of impact.

Maybe if you review this year instead of 2017 it will look a little deeper, just saying 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I am surprised no one took a chance.  His strikeout rate ain’t bad but his WHIP is brutal.

I'm glad he cleared waivers.  I have not given up on Minaya yet.  Of course I still think Fulmer can still be a decent bullpen arm, so I guess I'm a glass 1/4 way full for those 2 guys.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:11 PM, OneDog847 said:

Just took a look. 

Spencer Adams was #10! Jacob May and Michael Ynoa made the cut. Pretty sure both of those guys are already out of professional baseball and it looks like Adams will be joining them soon. 

I really hope JR is willing to throw down 300 to 400 million dollars in FA contracts over the next few offseasons. Relying solely on prospects is a recipe for disaster. 

Wasn't Ynoa the guy who couldn't throw a strike? He was a real gem.

9 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He was the guy Hahn said unless the A's made him part of the deal he wasn't going through with it.

OMG. He as I recall was really a disaster in the short time he was with the team.

11 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He was the guy Hahn said unless the A's made him part of the deal he wasn't going through with it.

That's hard-nosed negotiating.  Hahn put a lot of pressure on the As front office to keep from cracking up.

I just want to cry.  This is all self-inflicted.

Edited by GreenSox