Sox @ Royals - 715pm CT

ChiSox59

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

A 30+ NL pitcher who strikes out 6 per 9 should have been pretty obvious to our front office.

How about an old starter who was around the last time the Sox won a World Series who could barely crack 90 MPH?

i really wonder what our scouts do.

Just now, wegner said:

I believe radio/tv ratings have been on the uptick this season for the Sox...I wonder if they go back in the tank with how unwatchable they've been lately?

I wouldn’t be surprised.  This is pretty much unwatchable other than for the diehards.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Don’t forget whatever return they get for Merrifield.  It could be like our return for Sale/Quintana.

Yep. They are probably going to deal Duffy and Gordon as well. 

The Sox are a lot closer to KC's level than the Twinkies that is for sure. 

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

Not even close.

Don’t be so sure.  There isn’t likely going to be many good bats available on the trade market and Merrifield is definitely the top leadoff hitter who could be available.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Don’t be so sure.  There isn’t likely going to be many good bats available on the trade market and Merrifield is definitely the top leadoff hitter who could be available.

It would be like the Rays trading Wander Franco, Liberatore, and a solid third piece for him if you equate the Sale trade. 

• bmags pinned this topic