7/18 Games

soxfan49

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

Here’s my question about Walker...what plus tools does he have?

I expect him to be a doubles machine when he takes over in RF in 2021.  He will be able to spray the ball around the field and also turn on some balls for HR.  He might just not have the power many want in a RF but I'm looking for a 1-9 lineup that puts the pressure on opposing pitchers with no let up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

That's what I've been wondering. His numbers aren't anything special, and it's not like he's young for his level

And of course Alek Thomas looks like a future top 25 prospect (I can't believe he's been so good, as I didn't hear anyone who saw him last year that saw this coming)

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

And of course Alek Thomas looks like a future top 25 prospect (I can't believe he's been so good, as I didn't hear anyone who saw him last year that saw this coming)

I was actually thinking about him earlier today and wondering why the Sox did not take him especially with their past history of drafting relatIves of staff members.

8 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Remember this? Maybe the scout was right? If the Sox have a perennial 10 WAR player on their hands that alters the entire outlook of the franchise.

It's interesting that they called him a 1B in that article.  I figured he was always an OF.

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

I was actually thinking about him earlier today and wondering why the Sox did not take him especially with their past history of drafting relatIves of staff members.

Thomas is an actual legit player where the other family members kids are just favors.  Also they most likely didn't want the added pressure of being Alan's son and being a home town kid.  Let him make a name for himself in another organization.  That's a very common practice.  

• Thanks 2